Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the RS200 dash will work for IS300? I'm assuming there is some modifying to do... but has anyone try or make it work?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
getting the wiring right could be nearly impossible. someone on here was trying to wire up his jdm altezza dash unit a while back...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
it would be so cool if the RPM meter is in the middle..... :-?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kev IS300 said:
it would be so cool if the RPM meter is in the middle..... :-?
Yea that's what i thought... also it would be easier when you are on track to see the RPM meter... :wink:

·
Registered
947 Posts
i have the jdm dash in my 03. it pluged right in and worked. i did not have to rewire anything, i just lost the dimming , mpg, and the abs light is on.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
13s_is300 said:
i have the jdm dash in my 03. it pluged right in and worked. i did not have to rewire anything, i just lost the dimming , mpg, and the abs light is on.
You lost the dimming on yours? Mine dims just fine. I also unplugged the ABS bulb so the light isn't always on.

I would rather pick up the RS200 cluster too, so if anybody can get a hold of it, let me know. It should plug right in as 13s_is300 said above, but you will lost the MPG and gain a non-working fuel pressure gauge. However, there are some people that have run an additional line and made it work just fine. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I'll wait until I get my new cluster.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldnt mind getting one of these to try and work on. Regardless of te difficulty level, I am sure that any of the JDM Altezza stuff can be re-wired to work with the US spec IS. Has anyone tried to do this?

Chris

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JDM_SXE-10 said:
13s_is300 said:
You lost the dimming on yours? Mine dims just fine. I also unplugged the ABS bulb so the light isn't always on.

I would rather pick up the RS200 cluster too, so if anybody can get a hold of it, let me know. It should plug right in as 13s_is300 said above, but you will lost the MPG and gain a non-working fuel pressure gauge. However, there are some people that have run an additional line and made it work just fine. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I'll wait until I get my new cluster.
What does the JDM dash look like? It's not the same as the RS200 dash rite?
Does it have the RPM meter in the middle?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
86b said:
JDM_SXE-10 said:
13s_is300 said:

What does the JDM dash look like? It's not the same as the RS200 dash rite?
Does it have the RPM meter in the middle?

does it?? :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts