Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys ! I've seen a few OCC posts that seems dead.
I bought an RR-Racing oil catch can for my 2009 IS250 AWD.

I'll post some before and after install pics, along with an update on how much oil it captures.
At 293$ CAD shipped, it has to be worth it. It is supposed to come with everything you need to install it
including instructions. I'll post a picture of that too for those who might be interested in the product, or
simply curious about OCCs.

For reference, my is has 92'000 kms (bought it at 89'000 a month ago). I made a synthetic oil change (5w30) and 2600 kms later, to my surprise, the oil light came on. Zero leaks, no blue smoke, the car runs like a charm, no rough idle, no problems to start it... so i guessed the PCV valve was bad, replaced it yesterday. Will see how things go from there. Also, fuel consuption was in the 12.5L/100 km.
the more i drive it, the less it consumes. I just did 10.3L/100km this week. (I don't use the car's gauge, i make my own calculations)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here's a before/after for the OCC !
Also, i found oil in the connector of that yellow-ish module on the intake manifold.. any idea what could be the problem ? The engine oil light came on 2600 kms after the oil change, re-filled it and seems to be running low again (1000 km later). PCV valve has been replaced after i filled up the oil.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts