Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,
Okay i have been dealing with this issue for like a year now and no one know what the issue is. My mechanic, other lexus guys no one. Say i drive for a while and have a lil fun and floor it or even give the car a good amount of gas and it goes past 4000rpm the car SOMETIMES will drop in rpms and car will almost stall when i come to a stop, sometimes it’ll completely die but start right up. Usually only when up to temps. ive replaced the vvti solenoid twice, replaced maf, whole throttle body and sensors on it, all spark plugs and coil packs and still constantly am having this issue showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.cool/. I also dont get a CEL or have any CEL

·
3,103 Posts
TPS or APP may even be the cam or crank sensor. I had one do it and it turned out to be the cam sensor. I had another that had one of the others cause it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am not having this issue, but am curious: if you have a bluetooth OBDII reader connected, could something like that be caught watching/logging realtime?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,,
Okay i have been dealing with this issue for like a year now and no one know what the issue is. My mechanic, other lexus guys no one. Say i drive for a while and have a lil fun and floor it or even give the car a good amount of gas and it goes past 4000rpm the car SOMETIMES will drop in rpms and car will almost stall when i come to a stop, sometimes it’ll completely die but start right up. Usually only when up to temps. ive replaced the vvti solenoid twice, replaced maf, whole throttle body and sensors on it, all spark plugs and coil packs and still constantly am having this issue showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.cool/. I also dont get a CEL or have any CEL
I'm having the exact same issue, with some minor differences. As mine with have rough idle with under load in drive (D). while at a light if i don't put it in neutral while at a light or even if my foot is engaged on the decelerator. it us to drop in rpm while drive on the highway. when i noticed that happening quite often I ended up changing my fuel filter and fuel strainer, but it did have containments as well since then it hasn't dropped in rpm significantly. its only been 4 days since that change. even then I'm still having rough idle. so far I've done spark plugs, spark plug wires, valve cover gasket (LEFT), and cleaned all connectors. 2001 Lexus IS.

·
3,103 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue, with some minor differences. As mine with have rough idle with under load in drive (D). while at a light if i don't put it in neutral while at a light or even if my foot is engaged on the decelerator. it us to drop in rpm while drive on the highway. when i noticed that happening quite often I ended up changing my fuel filter and fuel strainer, but it did have containments as well since then it hasn't dropped in rpm significantly. its only been 4 days since that change. even then I'm still having rough idle. so far I've done spark plugs, spark plug wires, valve cover gasket (LEFT), and cleaned all connectors. 2001 Lexus IS.
Have you cleaned the MAF and the throttle body? On the throttle body make sure that you cleaned the idle holes under the plate. Othr than that. Do you have any cel codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have cleaned the MAF and throttle body like about twice since I got the car in March. Other than the common random misfires of 3&4 with an left abs sensor. I’m thinking it it possibly be my connection wires by idk I have to do further testing

·
3,103 Posts
I have cleaned the MAF and throttle body like about twice since I got the car in March. Other than the common random misfires of 3&4 with an left abs sensor. I’m thinking it it possibly be my connection wires by idk I have to do further testing
When cleaning the throttle body. Did you remove the idle circuit plate on top and clean the holes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No I wasn't aware of that I just cleaned the plate itself, but I will take a further look in to that later today and see what your talking about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still may be a TPS or APP sensor.
I ended up getting a MAF sensor for a Toyota highlander in a junk yard and and it hasn't has any major issues since drove it home over 30miles on the highway and country roads it was so smooth I loved it again. Although at the very end when I got back into town it started to after stopping at a stop sing while turning (at that moment) when you give it gas to go it likes to stutter then instantly recovers. it could be my TPS I will be looking at that next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts