Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for that one (or two) ppl that have been around the rotrex supercharger on this board: how does the noise in the interior cabin compare to bone stock while daily driving (<3800 rpm)?

also, being a newb to FI, how would you expect the reliability of the rotrex unit to be?

·
Blue Glowie
3,611 Posts
It is pretty quiet under daily driving. You definately hear the a nice woosh from the kit though when you get on it. :)

Rotrex is a pretty reliable supercharger. They are the main kits being used on all BMW's coming out of Active Autowerks, who is a highly respected BMW tuner worldwide. My good friend works for them, and personally does most of the Rotrex installs there. He highly reccomended the unit.

PM Gabe if you want some more details. He has the kit on his car.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
jedi said:
It is pretty quiet under daily driving. You definately hear the a nice woosh from the kit though when you get on it. :)

Rotrex is a pretty reliable supercharger. They are the main kits being used on all BMW's coming out of Active Autowerks, who is a highly respected BMW tuner worldwide. My good friend works for them, and personally does most of the Rotrex installs there. He highly reccomended the unit.

seems like it's more quiet than the ATI Procharger.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
jedi said:

Is the abbreviation for this company "ASA"? Cause if it is, then I have had experience of not only checking one out on a 330i but absolutly destroying it on the highway. :-?

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
jedi said:

Is the abbreviation for this company "ASA"? Cause if it is, then I have had experience of not only checking one out on a 330i but absolutly destroying it on the highway. :-?
Lol just to clarify, you beat a supercharged BMW 330i in a race... you didn't see a rotrex supercharger make a BMW explode on the highway. :lol:

I had to read that a few times before I got it. :D

Was that guy's car a rotrex unit?

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
dasgalloway said:
lil' IS 300 said:
jedi said:

Lol just to clarify, you beat a supercharged BMW 330i in a race... you didn't see a rotrex supercharger make a BMW explode on the highway. :lol:

I had to read that a few times before I got it. :D

Was that guy's car a rotrex unit?
Yea I was talking about the race. It didn't actually explode on the highway...but that would be pretty funny :)

I don't know if it was a rotrex supercharger, I'd have to research the ASA Stage 1 supercharger for the 330 and find out. All I know is that he said he was pushing 280 to the wheels.

At the time I was only at 300rwhp when racing him. He got killed so badly that he couldn't have been over 250rwhp with his set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts