1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front kit only

4 pot caliper

Clears the VOLK RE30's nicely.

330mm Slotted 2pc rotors. Aluminum centre hats.

Reduces unsprung weight by 9lbs per corner!!!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Good Lord you're putting a lot of goodies on your car! :shocked:

Now all you need is a turbo... so you can actually make use of your BBK! :approve:

What are you gonna do for the back?

·
Registered
853 Posts
sexy......

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looking Good!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Nice!

How come my stock rotors look like sh!t after less than a year of usage, all covered in crap. Is there anything that would clean rotors so they're nice and shiny again, short of having them refinished?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks! they stop well too!

Crester, before I even touch boost, I wanted a car that can brake & turn well. On most typical circuits, most of your time is spent in the corners, or approaching corners.

Any fool can step on a pedal and make a car go fast. But its much more fun when I can compete w/ a relatively stock powerplant and lay down the law w/ some competitive times.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Lexusecutive, you must be a Texan at heart. Everything is BIG with you! Time for Digger to jump in with a dry humorous remark and maybe a photo. ;)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I like them. They look very Hot.

...was going to say something about unsprung weight from the logo but i do not want to be known for sarcasm.

Rep for the 4 pots with aluminum hats!

Digger08

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Digger... you have a point... he's going thru all this effort to lighten his car. Then he cancels out all his effort by putting that 500lb Lexus badge on the front! :blush:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
thanks! they stop well too!

Crester, before I even touch boost, I wanted a car that can brake & turn well. On most typical circuits, most of your time is spent in the corners, or approaching corners.

Any fool can step on a pedal and make a car go fast. But its much more fun when I can compete w/ a relatively stock powerplant and lay down the law w/ some competitive times.
I know anybody can press the gas pedal... but it's still fun to have plenty of power. :)

What else is there for you to do besides boost now anyways? You can do underbody bracing... trunk bracing... rear brake upgrade... and...? Looks like a powerplant upgrade is next for you! :cool:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I personally love Digger's comments lol. Crack me up.

Nice brake setup. Fills the 17s nicely.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Looks like an awesome setup there!! How much would just the front kit cost around?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the logo is sprung weight. And it's actually an aero mod. Tunnel tests are showing that I'm gaining 0.0001 Cd and reducing turbulent vorticies around my washer nozzles with the bigger logo vs the smaller logo. However, flow rate to my rad is reduced by 0.089% cfm's which is causing spikes in water temps only when braking now with the ROTORA's over stock.

·
Registered
221 Posts
looks awesome ... I have the same centre caps for my te37's .. but I haven't been able to get them on ... did you have any trouble putting yours on?

·
Registered
962 Posts
what's the offset and disc face on the rims?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wheel is a +50 offset. And it's a RAYS S1 Disk face

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blackspeed, what size are your TE's? it has to do w/ the size of the TE's.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The caps are GT caps. Mine specifically are the GT-high. Volk specifies that this cap only fits:

GT-AV, GT-V, GT-7, GT-U, GT-C, GT-N, GTS, GTM, GTF, RE30, CE28NF, CE28N (16-19inches), TE37CUP, TE37(19" only)

So unless you ahve TE37CUP's or 19" TE37's.....this cap won't fit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts