Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 87000 kilo’s I expect I am due for new rotors ….. Raybestos, brembo, lexus oem????? …… who has replaced theirs?

kurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,595 Posts
U can go with Brembo Oem size rotors in slotted or drilled, Stop Tech rotors, Rotora rotors, Powerslot rotors and many more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,990 Posts
I have less than 300kms on my brand new slotted rotors (OE
size) with stock pads. I love them so far. No excessive brake
dust and no squeeling. The car is daily driven and never tracked;
so there was no need to upgrade to ceramic pads. Car stops on a
dime; but we can thank Lexus for that :p I also ordered the
rotors with a black zinc coating to eliminate the ugly-ass rusty
rotor look after a few Kms...

Hope this helps dude;

j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,439 Posts
get stoptech or brembo slotted rotors.. if you are not gonna track your car drilled would nice but i herd they crack from heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
Dont get axxis pads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Rotora Slotted is also good. I had them on my Z for over a year and they last pretty good w/o warpping considering I have Project Mu B-Force pads which little harsh on the rotors because they ares rated between street & track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Rotors are not a part to buy brand names with, one is as good as the other unless they are cryo treated. 95% of the brake rotors (including ATE, Brembo, etc) are manufactured by the same factory in Taiwan. Just dont buy X-drilled anything, slotted or blanks only. X-drilled crack entirely too easily. So, just buy what you get the best deal on because one truely is as good as another in that department.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
I know this isn't a popular answer, but it's the same one i've heard many times for brake pads. Why not just stick to OEM, it works extremely well, and has proven to be durable as well as cost effective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,104 Posts
iRotors and axis metal pads, you can get them off ebay or u can call them direct. The cross/slotted rotors are holding up preyty well for me and quite happy. They are inexpensive too which is always a plus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kcaudle said:
After 87000 kilo’s I expect I am due for new rotors ….. Raybestos, brembo, lexus oem????? …… who has replaced theirs?

kurt.
Finally did get around to replacing them ..... the anodized finish is what sold me. Less cleaning and painting after every winter. Here is a quick PIC with my dirty winter rubbers still on.

I can't remember what the pads were .... ADS ultragreen or something??

Kurt


 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kcaudle said:
Finally did get around to replacing them ..... the anodized finish is what sold me. Less cleaning and painting after every winter. Here is a quick PIC with my dirty winter rubbers still on.
I can't remember what the pads were .... ADS ultragreen or something??
Kurt

Forgot to mention ... the rotors are BREMBO!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Don't get rotors from Rotor Pros. I bought rotors from them off ebay and after 2 months they warpped and I called them 3x and left message. NO RETURN CALL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,050 Posts
ssk0771 said:
Don't get rotors from Rotor Pros. I bought rotors from them off ebay and after 2 months they warpped and I called them 3x and left message. NO RETURN CALL.
Not to be a dick, but that's what you get for buying cheap rotors that are cheap cast.

I would have to strongly disagree with the post above that someone said that no matter what you buy, all rotors are the same. That is pure B.S. :wtf: I'm not a huge fan of Brembos, I had few sets on other cars and they rusted very fast. It's really what the rotor is made of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Pawel said:
Not to be a dick, but that's what you get for buying cheap rotors that are cheap cast.

I would have to strongly disagree with the post above that someone said that no matter what you buy, all rotors are the same. That is pure B.S. :wtf: I'm not a huge fan of Brembos, I had few sets on other cars and they rusted very fast. It's really what the rotor is made of.
You are NOT being a dick. You are just stating the facts. I kinda expected that rotors were going to warp soon but I took a chance.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top