Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was in the dealership I noticed two different tire sizes for front and rear on the is350. When it comes to rotating the directional tires, I am guessing that you cannot because of the difference in tire sizes correct?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,207 Posts
Correct, they cannot be rotated.
 

·
Dr. JDM
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
it's called a staggared setup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
*award for stupidest quest of the day*

you could unmount and remount to switch sides!
 

·
Threadlocker
Joined
·
8,984 Posts
yup. you would unmount and remount on the opposite side. UNLESS your tire is directional AND has an "inner" and "outer" side.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
irv_usc said:
yup. you would unmount and remount on the opposite side. UNLESS your tire is directional AND has an "inner" and "outer" side.
For those who are watching... tires with different "inner" and "outer" sides are called Asymmetrical tires.



 

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
in that case, how do you preserve your tires, and achieve even wear? directional tires limit your tire life already with only one other "rotation point" for each tire. this would suck.
 

·
Dr. JDM
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
amitkc said:
in that case, how do you preserve your tires, and achieve even wear? directional tires limit your tire life already with only one other "rotation point" for each tire. this would suck.
no, ask any high end sports car owner if this sucks. get an alignment. i had a staggered setup and i had even wear throughout
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Staggered set up... assymetrical tires.
Wow they really dont want people to rotate their tires!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
People pay big bucks to put a staggered setup on their cars. Now we get it as OE. Why complain?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
bartkat said:
People pay big bucks to put a staggered setup on their cars. Now we get it as OE. Why complain?
People just like to complain!

Before they said...

"Waaaaaaaah! The IS300 doesn't have enough power!!!"

Now they say...

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Who needs over 300 hp? I'm not buying the IS350... I don't need all that power!"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
Crester said:
People just like to complain!

Before they said...

"Waaaaaaaah! The IS300 doesn't have enough power!!!"

Now they say...

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Who needs over 300 hp? I'm not buying the IS350... I don't need all that power!"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You got that right. Most of the complainers ain't gonna buy one anyway. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,623 Posts
turboterror said:
Interesting, does this also affect the IS250?
Yes. All 2nd-gen IS RWD models come with staggered wheels & tires, even those on the standard 17" wheels. (Note that, with the 17" RWD models, the factory tires are staggered but the wheels aren't). The only way to get a non-staggered 2nd-gen IS from the factory is the IS250 AWD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: acumenhokie

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
...and if you do get an AWD IS250, for safety's sake, do not stagger it!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,115 Posts
jruhi4 said:
Yes. All 2nd-gen IS RWD models come with staggered wheels & tires, even those on the standard 17" wheels. (Note that, with the 17" RWD models, the factory tires are staggered but the wheels aren't). The only way to get a non-staggered 2nd-gen IS from the factory is the IS250 AWD.
good info, have a green box!

+rep
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,623 Posts
acumenhokie said:
good info, have a green box!

+rep
:) Thank you, sir!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top