Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone contemplating getting this kit here it is installed. I must say this kit looks really sharp. I decided to go with something different rather than a carbon fiber dash kit. This kit turned out looking really IMO and the pictures don't do the justice. The install was VERY easy.......Some of the pictures came out dark because it's night time but you get idea.

:D

-Yamaha Dave

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
clean everything real wwell with something like SEM surface cleaner/ prep or 3m surface prep... use a blow dryer to heat the spot on the dash that you are working on, & a heating pad or something to heat up the pieces you are installing....

go slowly, pre set the pieces in place to see how they fit & make sure you see how to center them etc &

take your time,....

edG

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re

Well I got the kit in today. I'll post some pics of it installed later. I'm going to install it on Sunday. Looks like its a well made kit. It's a real wood 27 piece kit made by Spectrum. It's a factory match kit. Only thing is that this is how it came so I have no idea where some of pieces go. You'd think they include some kind of diamgram saying piece A goes here and piece B goes here but no then that would be too easy for you. Oh well no biggie I'll figure it out.........

:-?

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

:D

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
IMO, it looks good on Ivory color interior. Looks good yamahadave!

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Chigger said:
IMO, it looks good on Ivory color interior. Looks good yamahadave!
i was thinking the same thing. looks alot better than it would on all black prolly.

dave, waht color is your car?? that makes a difference too IMO

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Wow! I'm not a wood guy, but that looks really nice and clean! Gives the car a whole new personality. I love the glove box trim on ivory too! Good jorb!

The only thing that get me down about dash kits are the cutouts for the A/C labels. IMHO It kinda gives it away that its an add on. But all kits are like that.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I never thought the wood kit would look good on any car. But I gotta admit, that looks nice.

I gave the interior a nice high-class luxury look. good job!

I, too, wonder what it would look like in a car with all black interior. I"m not a big fan of the CF shiz, but was looking at the Aluminum or Titanium dash kit.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I also would have to say it looks really nice. I didn't think it would look that good but it does give the interior a richer look. Nice job :wink:

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Yeah, I too think that looks really good! I have a CF kit that just arrived. I thought of Aluminum @ first but wanted something subtle.

Mike 1 said:
looks like you scratched the sh*t out of the last pic.
Yeah, is that what it is?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
Yeah, I too think that looks really good! I have a CF kit that just arrived. I thought of Aluminum @ first but wanted something subtle.

Mike 1 said:
looks like you scratched the sh*t out of the last pic.
Yeah, is that what it is?
I think the parts are still in the plastic and it is out of focus rather than scratched. How do you scratch digital photographs?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RE

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It looks much better in person though. I'll try and get a pic of it during the day, and for those who asked it was GGP. These pics are from my digital camera, the last one is just glare. Later....

-Yamaha Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.