Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is related to my question about quieting down my 3" exhaust, I'm about to add a resonator (14" I think, does that fit Das?), and I wanted to ask since I haven't had a chance to get up under the car and look, but is there any other location where I could fit a second, much shorter resonator? I figure I only want to have this done once, so a second one couldn't hurt, they're cheap :>)

Maybe a second 6" one somewhere? Whaduya think?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I think you are crazy to keep sacrificing power due to sound....:screwy:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
xencloud said:
Hey all, this is related to my question about quieting down my 3" exhaust, I'm about to add a resonator (14" I think, does that fit Das?), and I wanted to ask since I haven't had a chance to get up under the car and look, but is there any other location where I could fit a second, much shorter resonator? I figure I only want to have this done once, so a second one couldn't hurt, they're cheap :>)

Maybe a second 6" one somewhere? Whaduya think?

why!!!!!!!!!!!! MINE IS OPEN FROM TURBO TO HKS CARBON Ti NOT LOUD AT ALL!!! SOUNDS LIKE I GOT NO MODS AT ALL IN FACT!!!!!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^great for you, unfortunately I find my setup to be loud.

Das has already done a test on a resonator/muffler combo and lost NO power whatsoever(I know....not turbo, but still an F/I setup)......I don't see how a 3" inlet/outlet resonator with a straight through design would cause any loss of flow anyway.....please explain.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Look down your resonator then look down a strait peace of pipe and tell me what one will flow better? You have to lose power. Maybe not enough for you to see but you do.

Paul

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so maybe a small loss in power, but what kind of losses are you guys talking about? If I'm talking about 10-15 hp to be quiet, I think it's worth it for a car that is driven daily.

·
Registered
674 Posts
There are two locations for resanators, one where the last CAT used to be in the stock exhaust and the other is where the stock resaunator used to be. If you have one short resonator up front and a loooong one in the back (in the b pipe), you should be pretty quiet. Im not sure on the max length that you can fit onto the bpipe but that can be easily measurable. You can ask BG-LEX on which resonator he has because his turbo setup is pretty quiet and he has a 3" exhaust.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts