Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, a friend of mine purchased an 01 on monday out of town (We live in green bay, wi, car was purchased from schaumburg, il). Well on the way home (bout 3 hour drive) they stopped for food. While getting back on the highway they hit a slick spot and the car had horrible tires, anyway they flipped the car and it landed on its roof. they state that they immediately turned it off, anyhow now it wont start. the damage appears minimal but i havent had a chance to dig into it yet, anyone know of any obvious reasons that it wont start (wont even turn over). there isnt any type of inertia switch on there is there? the airbags didnt go off. thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
Did you flip the car right side up?

Okay, a friend of mine purchased an 01 on monday out of town (We live in green bay, wi, car was purchased from schaumburg, il). Well on the way home (bout 3 hour drive) they stopped for food. While getting back on the highway they hit a slick spot and the car had horrible tires, anyway they flipped the car and it landed on its roof. they state that they immediately turned it off, anyhow now it wont start. the damage appears minimal but i havent had a chance to dig into it yet, anyone know of any obvious reasons that it wont start (wont even turn over). there isnt any type of inertia switch on there is there? the airbags didnt go off. thanks

·
Registered
799 Posts
Start with the obvious. Sounds almost like the flip damaged the battery.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Make sure all the cables are connected still, make sure the started didnt get messes up ect. There could be many easy reasons but you gotta check under the hood.

·
Registered
396 Posts
As you turn the key once to "ON" and there are no lights on the dash, or even that annoying open door warning noise, that's a good indication your battery could be the main culprit. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with key on, all lights, radio ect work. turn the starter turned and it clicks even with jumper pack. gonna swap battery and check again.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Damn. There has to be something majorly wrong with the car; I mean, it did flip over... Fluids in places where they shouldn't be, internal engine issues, etc. That really sucks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
^^^Yeah last time i checked rolling a car over onto its roof isn't the same as a fender bender.....:suspiciou might want to look into other issues that may have occurred during the rolling.

Reset/Change battery, the SRS might have been triggered, and it disabled the car as a safety precaution, it happened to me when i flipped my RSX-S, i unhooked the battery hooked it back up got in the car and fired it right up, the tow truck guy drove it out of the field and on to the road, with only two rims.

·
Banned
371 Posts
most cars now a days have a saftey feature to cut off the gas lines/ fuel delivery incase of a roll over. check the manual for this.

also. i hope everyone is ok, and i think you have a lot more to worry about than no start. like the crumple zones may be damaged, etc.. might wanna check into that.
GL though! be safe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It could be a sensor in the gas tank that closes off any gas line when a car has been rolled to prevent leaking. A lot of cars have that, and I've heard they can be finicky. I've even heard of tow truck drivers bouncing up and down on the rear bumpers of cars known to have sensitive ones to get them to activate, thus assuring their services will be needed later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts