Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, i should have been more clear... i really just need the RCA - my car is slammed on tein coilover and i have terrible bump steer!!!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Hey Fig, shoot me a price as well. I need to sharpen up my turn in and front end roll resistance on my slammed nose heavy car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is the black anodized one Mike mentioned above. this is a MUST have if your car is lowered more than an inch. Better to have coilovers as you will have to raise your car up 17-20mm after install.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The spacers lower the front by a hair (half inch or so).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Taking back a very old thread from the dead but wanted more clarification on this part.

Question 1, is there any reason why Is300 only have the front RCA avaible? Rear doesn't experienced the same kind of problem with lowered suspension? (Asking because I had all 4 on my Previous Mr2.... I know suspension is not made the same way that's why I'm asking)

Question 2, seeing that this thread is from 2011 and Fig's mentionned they were not listed on the site.... now they seem to have it Am I correct on that?

Question 3, what's the difference between the Fig's one that are 17mm and the Megan Racing that are 30mm..... Once again My previous Mr2 had something like 31-32mm (1 1/4'') front and 13mm rear (1/2'')..... With Original Tom's made in Japan RCA

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Here you go.
1. the rear is multi-link, so there is no single point of intersection to add a spacer. Furthermore the sum of the links controls rear steering and the overall toe curve is severe from the factory making it steer steeply when lowered. Or rear LCA and toe link combo defeat the rear bumpsteer and create stability when the car is loaded in a corner.
2.3. We have our universal dowel version on the site and the 17mm height is derived from the minimum requirement to clear LS400 calipers.
In reality, since you have a double wishbone up front the changes to roll center can be more controlled by linkage length than a spacer. Our geometry correction products like bushings and our rear link setup will balance out the overall bumpsteer to stabilize traction more than a simple spacer. You will get more grip from swapping out the #2 bushing that by changing the camber curve. The MR2 is strut based up front so the only camber gain you get is from the arc of the lower arm. On a double wishbone you typically get a lot more camber gain as the upper and lower arms are different arc lengths, making the top pull in on compression.
Mike
Taking back a very old thread from the dead but wanted more clarification on this part.

Question 1, is there any reason why Is300 only have the front RCA avaible? Rear doesn't experienced the same kind of problem with lowered suspension? (Asking because I had all 4 on my Previous Mr2.... I know suspension is not made the same way that's why I'm asking)

Question 2, seeing that this thread is from 2011 and Fig's mentionned they were not listed on the site.... now they seem to have it Am I correct on that?

Question 3, what's the difference between the Fig's one that are 17mm and the Megan Racing that are 30mm..... Once again My previous Mr2 had something like 31-32mm (1 1/4'') front and 13mm rear (1/2'')..... With Original Tom's made in Japan RCA

·
Registered
119 Posts
In a previous post you stated that the RCAs were good for people who are lowered 1.5-2". I'm currently lowered about 1.5" on Koni struts and H&R springs.

The steering is dropped 1.3" which should be perfect for people lowered 1.5-2" Other than that ride height is unchanged
I have bump steer and occasionally hit my inner fender wall, I was suggested your RCAs but I am confused as to what size to get. You offer 17mm and 34mm.
Do I choose the 34mm spacer to balance out the ~38mm drop on my car or is the 17mm sufficient? Thanks :wink:

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
In a previous post you stated that the RCAs were good for people who are lowered 1.5-2". I'm currently lowered about 1.5" on Koni struts and H&R springs.

I have bump steer and occasionally hit my inner fender wall, I was suggested your RCAs but I am confused as to what size to get. You offer 17mm and 34mm.
Do I choose the 34mm spacer to balance out the ~38mm drop on my car or is the 17mm sufficient? Thanks :wink:
The RCA will not fix any interference you are seeing now. but it will help bumpsteer. What shocks and springs are you running? Keep in mind that the RCA will lower the car further. We make drop out tie rod ends to help fix this without a drop.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The RCA will not fix any interference you are seeing now. but it will help bumpsteer. What shocks and springs are you running? Keep in mind that the RCA will lower the car further. We make drop out tie rod ends to help fix this without a drop.
I'm currently on Koni strt struts and H&R sport spring with an approximately 1.5" drop. Which one of your products is better for my application 17mm or 34mm RCAs or the tie rod ends? I don't mind a lowering a little more. I just want to help ease this bumpsteer and UCA banging.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts