Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2001 and just installed a Dragon TC today, not sure how much of a difference it made, I feel a difference but doesn't seem like a 1/2 sec. Maybe its cause my other car is 300 hp at 2200lbs, can you give me your experience with your TC.
Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
whats a dragon tc?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
TC's do not increase HP, in fact you loose hp with a TC install (on a dyno that is). But the launch with a TC, you will gain so much that it can easily shave half a second from your ET.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what it does and how it works just wanted to know if anyone else put one on, and what their experience was.

TC's do not increase HP, in fact you loose hp with a TC install (on a dyno that is). But the launch with a TC, you will gain so much that it can easily shave half a second from your ET.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
i believe he was explaining to others who may not have been aware, welcome to the site and don't be so quick to jump at people who are only providing information :approve:

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Ok so the question....
have you been to the track and tested this out?
The butt dyno has been known to be as accurate as a $20 ho telling you, you are the only man for her.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Ok so the question....
have you been to the track and tested this out?
The butt dyno has been known to be as accurate as a $20 ho telling you, you are the only man for her.
yeah, and that she's not a man herself...:lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking at picking up one of these not too long ago but have been putting it off because of the $800+ price tag. Do you feel a difference when you pound the gas off of a red light? I would look more seriously at one of these if i saw someone with one

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
User "revhard" has one. He told me it makes too much noise but helps launching a ton.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not trying to jump on anyone sorry, I guess I'm used to V8 TC where you really jump off the line. maybe the stall is not high enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure I bought it from someone on ebay, I think its around 2400 but not sure, there is a difference, does anyone have the srt valve body? does it shift harder and faster?

whats your stall at?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts