Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, it is time for another meet! Date has been changed because of the weather. Will post new date soon. Here is the agenda, we will meet at 4:00 at the regular spot(D&B), we will wait for everyone to arrive, chat and take pics till about 5:00 or when we are situated to leave and get to the eating spot around 5:30. We will probably leave after hanging out till about 7 or 7:30. After that we will head out to the raceway. Then it is what ever, we will probably be done at the raceway around 9 or 10. So, we can cruise/race, chill, head to the local Austin meet, we will decide after the raceway.

We need a place to eat, so either vote for one of the choices, or post your opinion so I can add it. Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbonamja said:
I'm assuming this is mid week on Wednesday right? I didn't check the calender so just fill me in. I can def. make it out for that one.
Late
Yea man, February is a Saturday, are you going to be able to make it to this one?

Chris

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Dood why does this always happen on the days I have to work! Hahahaha...if not a lot of people can make it out for this, maybe we can change it for the next Saturday. If not, Chris I can meet up with you sometime before that and I can pay you for the shirt and finally meet up with you. Well let me know one way or the other.
Late,
Mike

·
Registered
654 Posts
we already have two who won't make it? well it doesn't matter to me. if we do change the date then i'm pretty much free on saturdays until about mid-march i think.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will send out a few emails and find something out, I am cool with putting it back a week. I will let yall know later today.

·
Registered
654 Posts
you know what? i think we should hit the hill country for a cruise! bunch of twisties out there. we don't need to go fast or do anything crazy but it should be fun nonetheless. however, a night cruise might not be ideal as some if not most of the hill country roads are pretty dark.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, the date has been changed, the first post and topic have been edited, the new date for the meet is the 8th of February, the second Saturday.

We usually take 2222 for the twisties, we can also hit up Lime Rock, which is pretty nice for the good handling cars, cruising in a group is always fun. We need to decide on a eating spot first, then we can decide which roads to take. It looks like it is even across the boards.

Chris

·
Registered
654 Posts
mmmm...fooood....man it's been two days now and i haven't eaten any real food. getting 3 wisdom teeth removed is definitely not an experience i'd want to repeat.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
That will work for me ... I have mad miles on the Lex already so maybe I will hitch a ride and leave my car behind. Hahahaha .. jk, that is why you buy a car right, to drive it :-? 40K miles. Hey, what is the std. warranty on our cars 3 years or 50K right?

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Man you could'nt pay me to go back to the county line, the group I went with got food poisoning there.

Hula Hut would be good, it's cheap and on the river.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
im in for feb. 8. (at least for now) since the poll wont let me vote, i vote for anything but chineese. I hate eating an ass-load of chineese and getting hungry 30mins later. :-?
Are we going to have a model for this meet? If so, there is this rest area spot on 360 that would be a cool backdrop... (I think you can see all of downtown from there) I'll check it out and let you guys know.
EDIT:
As for what the girl is supposed to wear for the pics, it's up to you turbo... this was all your idea... :p

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hahahaha....aite JDogg, I will stop by Adult video megaplexxx and pick some latex for her to wear :lol: . No but hopefully the weather will be nice and maybe we can get her in some "hoochie" clothes or maybe some kind of bikini like the one she is wearing in those pics :p
Late

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cool on Feb 8th. Direct Events just picked up another venue (Antones...we now have 4: Antones, La Zona Rosa, Austin Music Hall, Backyard) but that weekend looks good so I'm there. All the food options sound good. County Line rocks. Big Joe must have had bad luck. Then again, nothing beats the Tubular Taco at Hula Hut . :p

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys, please email me for your shirt order, I lost the last one on my computer. I have Turbo, Sleeper, Avngr and Jdogg so far. Let me know if you want one. Thanks!

·
Registered
654 Posts
feb 8th's good just as long as we have our model to come too! :lol:

hey kevin, any good bands playing at those for locations in the near future? haven't been to a show and i wouldn't mind checking one out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ubi - check out www.lazonarosa.com. The beginning of the year is always slow but in the next month or so, we should be crankin'. You can also link from there to the other venues. Since you haven't been to a concert before (I still can't beleive it), you're gonna have to make the first one a doozie.

KB

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
so do we get like special group privelages? backstage passes, afterparties, etc. for knowing the promoter? :lol:

1 - 20 of 307 Posts