Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a used Rod Millen kit consisting of the side skirts, front lip with carbon fiber insert, and mesh grill. There are bad scratches on the front lip (on the sides, apparently from a curb), but they can be sanded down, they aren't SUPER deep. It's already painted Spectra Blue Mica. The sides and grill are in great condition, there are some minor road scratches on the bottom of the sides, but nothing past the paint.

I'd like to ask that buyer be local for two reasons. One, I don't want to ship these huge pieces, and two, I want the buyer to be happy so I want the buyer to see the scratches and the rest of the kit before paying.

I'm asking $700.

Pictures: http://home.earthlink.net/~uberphlubb/rmm

I have the right side sanded down now as shown in the second picture, there are NO scratches on that side, it's just flat black plastic. I decided not to sand the left because the scratch is on the underside and you can't see it--wasted effort to repair. It still needs to be repainted though, unless you can stand the black paintless area on the right side.

The little white bits in rightside2 are just paint from where it was leaning against the wall, it comes right off with a fingernail.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I decided I'm going to wait until I have the time to properly wash all the pieces, and get all the bigs and stuff off before I take pictures, so you can see the real deal. I bought the kit used like a year ago, but it's been sitting in my closet (complete with dried, splttered bugs--I hope that won't hurt the paint) all this time.

I should be able to take them out this weekend and wash them up. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's still for sale, but I don't have any pictures yet.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
i know you said you wont ship, but I want the front lip if nobody else will buy it. i dont care about the scratches. they can be fixed.....i would be having it custom painted anyway like i do everything else

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10secondIS said:
i know you said you wont ship, but I want the front lip if nobody else will buy it. i dont care about the scratches. they can be fixed.....i would be having it custom painted anyway like i do everything else
I would prefer not to ship, that's correct, but I will ship in a pinch.

When I get some pics, silver can decide if he wants to buy. If he doesn't, I'll just sell you the lip and keep the sides and grill.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well yeah, I think I have a line on some springs, you know how it goes. This is all your fault anyway! :lol: :crazy:

·
2,033 Posts
ekaz said:
Well yeah, I think I have a line on some springs, you know how it goes. This is all your fault anyway! :lol: :crazy:
well that ok now all you need is a system :wink: give me a call and we will see if we can work some thing out.

but this seems like a great deal if ÜberPhLuBB is willing to part it out for you guy's good luck :wink:

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump. I've got pictures now, I'll crop and post them tomorrow (later today, it's 5 AM).

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, pictures hosted:

http://home.earthlink.net/~uberphlubb/rmm

The small scratch is on the underside of the left side, you can't see it unless you lay on the ground. The big nasty one is on the right, as seen in the pic.

I didn't take any new pics of the front lip, the pictures of the scratches are old, I cleaned all the bug residue off last night, they're all clean (though one of the sides has a shoe scuff mark, I couldn't wipe it off with Windex, but some mild buffing should get it out).

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kraze8 said:
how firm on the price?
Pretty damn.

An unpainted kit is $1250 from RMM. This doesn't have the spoiler ($247 from RMM), so let's say $1000 unpainted. That's $300 off retail, and if you have an SBM, you only have to paint the front bumper, which isn't even $300. A fully painted RMM kit is $1700!

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
kraze8 said:
how firm on the price?
Pretty damn.

An unpainted kit is $1250 from RMM. This doesn't have the spoiler ($247 from RMM), so let's say $1000 unpainted. That's $300 off retail, and if you have an SBM, you only have to paint the front bumper, which isn't even $300. A fully painted RMM kit is $1700!
I have a MSM, so I would have to repaint the entire kit...

Can't really compare your kit to a brand new kit, seeing that the front lip is scratched pretty bad.... 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Hey if no one buys this kit i will take the fron lip if 10sec doesnt take it anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts