Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI...Prestige Lexus in New Jersey is an authorized dealer of Rod Millen. I spoke with the parts manager. Any Rod Millen products installed there will not void the warranty. I specifically asked about the exhaust and intake. These parts will not be covered by Lexus. They will be covered by Rod Millen. They will however honor the Rod Millen warranty...Meaning if something went wrong with the intake or exhaust, you could bring the car to Lexus, and they would take care of it. I was told the Rod Millen Exhaust and intake will not void the Lexus warranty on other parts other than those that have been replaced. They claim an increase of 16hp at the wheels with the intake/exhaust combo.
http://www.rodmillenstore.com/is_300/dyno.htm

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
2000 Razor Scooter w/Wheelie Bar
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

[This message has been edited by LexArkana (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention...You have to have it installed at the dealer...

------------------

·
Registered
376 Posts
lexcarna, fyi, I have the RMM intake installed, works quite well, over 5000 miles on it so far, love the howl that it gives off, RMM exhaust is coming in today, and lexus is installing it on thursday along with the TRD sway bars, i'll post the performance increase and sound when it's done.

·
Registered
376 Posts
lexcarna, fyi, I have the RMM intake installed, works quite well, over 5000 miles on it so far, love the howl that it gives off, RMM exhaust is coming in today, and lexus is installing it on thursday along with the TRD sway bars, i'll post the performance increase and sound when it's done.

------------------
01 is300 solar yellow
rmm intake
custom stereo

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/heycutie18?d&.flabel=fld5&.src=ph

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by cruznis300:

Thanks for the input...I would love to hear any additional feedback once you have the exhaust installed...

------------------

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone recommend any other Rod Millen mods...I like the idea that my dealer will stand behind Millen products. I intend on getting the exhaust and intake.

Another quick question:

When they say a gain of 16hp at the wheels, does anyone know what kind of gains there are at the crank? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I am totally ignorant when it comes to things of this nature...

------------------

·
Registered
653 Posts
By the way cruznis300 nice pics. Where the pics?

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey, does that mean the dealer will stand behind the Rod Millen S/C when it comes out? I was going to wait for the TRD version for the warranty, but if the Rod Millen one also has a warranty I'd rather get it sooner than later.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Here's the deal about the warranty. I contacted one lexus dealership (10min away from my house)to have my TRD sways and RMM exhaust installed, and the rep talked to the head tech and general manager and called me back saying they won't install it cause it's not "lexus" even though the sways are made by toyota.. I called up another dealership, the one i got my car from (70min away), and they are installing it. As far as the parts go, since one dealership is installing it, "lexus" can't void my warranty cause of the parts, however RMM is the company that is warrantying the products and TRD.. So it's worth the extra money to have a dealership install it.. I hope something goes wrong so i can go to the dealership by my house and they can't refuse to fix it, cause "lexus" installed it. hehehehehe

------------------
01 is300 solar yellow
rmm intake
custom stereo

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hmm... my Lexus Dealer here in Los Angeles (Longo Lexus) bought RMM parts for me (RMM Grille, RMM Sway bars) and also a Borla exhaust and installed all of it on my GS4 with no problems whatsoever....

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by cruznis300:
from what i here.. Lexus and RMM are no longer corporate partners, it's now up to the dealership if they want to be joined with them, and if you look up the list of dealers on RMM's website, there aren't many dealers now..

Prestige is still there...

------------------

·
Registered
83 Posts
Where can I find pics of the Rod Millen products (namely the intake and exhaust)? The links on the RDM site are dead...

Also, whoever owns the exhaust: how does it sound? Does it sound like typical coffee-can exhaust or is it quiet and pleasing?

thanks,
-Alt

------------------
Ashraf Shabudin / Ampman Audio Marketing Director, TeamAMP Director

·
Registered
376 Posts
www.rodmillenstore.com

From what i hear, exhaust sounds great, can hardly tell under 3000 rpms, but when you step on it, it growls, rather than a loud whiny sound that most 4 cylinders give off, I will post an update on it, once i have it installed this thursday.. Go to my site, to see the installed RMM intake

------------------
01 is300 solar yellow
rmm intake
custom stereo

[This message has been edited by cruznis300 (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the help cruznis! I appreciate it...

Are there any other tips available with the RDM exhaust? I do not like large tips...

tia,
-Alt

------------------
Ashraf Shabudin / Ampman Audio Marketing Director, TeamAMP Director

·
Registered
376 Posts
i don't think the RMM is a huge tip, I believe the IS has a 4" tip stock, it may be 3" but i believe it's 4". The RMM has a 4" tip also.. I will post a pic of it, the exhaust is sitting on the floor in my kitched. Let me know if you want to see an actualy pic in real view and size

------------------
01 is300 solar yellow
RMM intake
RMM exhaust
TRD Sways 50%/100%
custom stereo

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Guys, don't forget to add the RM sticker for that extra 5HP...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts