Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my rod millen exhaust today and really liked the tone of it! It was alot deeper and still quite. No drone at all! Even when getting on it the tone was really nice and deep.

Install was really simple and quick. The hardest part is getting the rubber hangers off the stock exhaust. I would say time of install was about 10-15min?

If theres any interest I will post pics.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I had this muffler and loved it. Nice low tone, not loud/ricey at all. The only thing I disliked is it sticks out ~2" from the rear of the bumper.

Post some pics!

·
Registered
143 Posts
What is the trick to getting the two rear rubber hangers off that hold the rear muffler? I have a busted bushing on my exhaust & want to replace it but, cannot get those bushings off. Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take some pics and post them up in the next couple days. I just put my TRD TF-2 wheels on too! Scooped these from chad, SIC wheels

Yeah, the tip sticking out kind of gets me too. I was thinking of cutting it off and getting a new one that would be flush with the bumper.

The trick to getting those rubber hangers off for me was using some motor oil and screw driver.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I too had this exhaust and loved it with a header and y pipe combo!

And like chigger said, it sticks out pretty far on the rear bumper, especially with the JDM bumpers..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts