Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my system instaled pretty soon and I need a little advice. I got a quote from a local shop or $800-1100 for 2 Rockford 12's and a Rockford amp. This is with a semi-custom box. I plan on having the subs facing the rear of the car with some type of plexiglass enclosure. Does this price sound resonable and does anyone have any experienc with RF products???

·
Registered
33 Posts
For 1, RF has good products. My bro has 2 12's dvc(kinda Old) and a 225 RF amp that pushes 300 + watts to each speaker at 2 ohms. And it sounds really good. To top it off we're using the stock deck. In terms of the quoted price, i dont know. I all depends on what product line ur getting. My homeboy paid 600$ for 2 RF 12 Custom box......And they're shity, cuzz he got the low end model. If im not mistaken the top of the line RF model is HX2's or HE2's. I have 1 JL w7 10''.....and it knocks like fuck......However u cant go wrong w/ the right RF products. hope this helps.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Rockford products are NOT what they used to be. They are now living off a name that was created in the late 80's and early 90's.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
I have to agree with this. back in the day these guys made amps that where about 5 inchs square and put out over 300watts of some of the best sounding bass you ever heard, now their amps are huge and sound half as good.

lisnup65 said:
Rockford products are NOT what they used to be. They are now living off a name that was created in the late 80's and early 90's.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Then what IS a really good amp now days? I'm new to this shit again, but back in my highschool days (mid 90's) RF was THEE shit to get. I'm having to relearn whats what, whats not, and what sucks brown holes. Now I hear RF is not as good? Please tell.

CarbonIS300 said:
I have to agree with this. back in the day these guys made amps that where about 5 inchs square and put out over 300watts of some of the best sounding bass you ever heard, now their amps are huge and sound half as good.

lisnup65 said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
IS300GTR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing