Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has the same problem as me. My headlights and fog lights have a lot of rock chips on them. They are not horrible or anything, but noticable. I have tried buffing them a little which has cleaned them up some, but does anyone know how to make them look new again. Is there anything I should try?? Please help, I am painting my IS in a few weeks, and am debating on trashing these lamps, and purchasing some off eBay., for a cleaner look. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Mine have a sandblasted look to them, its especially noticeable when the headlights are on. I cleaned them up a bit with a buffing wheel and some compound but they are far from perfect. I don't think anyhting can be done for them. New ones are so pricey :(

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
your best bet would be to buy some new ones and to save your ass this time, go to www.xpel.com and purchase their headlight/foglight kit and protect your investment wisely
when my headlights got messed up from condensation, i took the time to xpel both of them. Now i have two new headlights with xpel and for the last, oh, 20,000 miles they have ZERO rock chips and still look as new as the day i got them replaced.. (sweet!)

i also had my jdm fogs xpeled new so same deal there too. hehe..

ask EDGY if you are in the CALI area. He did my xpel for me and was great about installation.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
The '01 model has this problem with the lenses, from what I understand the '02 and up lenses are made from a non-marring lexan.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 03 with 'bout 13k miles on it, and my headlight and bumper and hood looks like a car that has been driven for about 3 years :roll: It looks as if it's a 01 with 50k miles on it. I checked my brothers car, his lights look new as hell (03 Accord) and other 98 civic with bout 90k on it and it looks BETTA than MINE!!!!!! :pissed: Is it the material on our headlights, I know I didn't drive around in rock dust areas and surely avoid 18 wheelers at all cost. Sigh :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts