Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving home from work this evening when I came upon an area where I needed to merge. I looked into the lane next to me (where I needed to merge) and I saw a spot open a few cars ahead. So I gunned it. I looked to my left and in my blind spot before I merged...seeing that I had lots ( I mean three cars ) of room I merge over in front of a work truck.

I come to a red light 1/2 mile later and get into the turn lane. I have my music up kinda loud but I hear something funny, so I take a look around. Outside my drivers window is the driver of the work truck...he is swinging his arms and cursing at me inches from my window!! I just stare at him :eek: The light turns green I go...I dont floor it I just drive normally.
Now I am in my neighborhood.

I check my rearview mirror about 15seconds after the turn, there is the work truck. He is right on my ass!! I continue to do the speed limit...he stays on my ass. My street is coming up but I purposefully take alot of wrong turns to see if he is following me. He is!!
So now I am kinda scured!! If I keep driving he will just keep following me...he I go home lord knows what will happen. I decide to go home.

He follows me there and jumps out of his truck as soon as I pull in my driveway. He again is yelling and cursing saying I cut infront of him with no blinker :roll:
To make a looonnnggg story even longer...he eventually left, but still very angry.
Now I am kinda worried about my car..I dont have a garage so my car is just sitting in the drive way. I am afraid he may come back and do something to it :-?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
You shouldn't have gone home...but now that you have...nothing you can do about it really. I don't think anything will happen to your car...lets hope not.

If it happens again...just drive fast and lose whoever is following you...take a few high speed turns...always works for me.

Take care :-?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
i had a guy do that to me and my friend one time...

my friend did cut him off, but he made a huge deal and followed us. so long story short, we beat the fuck out of him. he thought he could take us, but he was wrong.

it was wrong to fight, but it was wrong to flip out too.

buy a gun.

·
Registered
908 Posts
something very similar happened to me a few weeks ago....

I was driving in the streets in LA, doing nothing wrong, speed limit and all, when all of a sudden a work truck slides in front of me and slams on his brakes! nobody was in front of him , so I pull next to him, and and he is cussing at me in spanish like no other, now he is following me, and staying on my ass at the next light...and moving up closer while at a complete stop, I stick my hand out the window as to ask what the hell he is doing, and he throws a water bottle at me! now I get out of my car with my bat that I keep next to my seat, and just stand outside of my car, he moves in reverse, and then floors it towards me, I close my door, and have the bat ready, but he instead moves about 3 lanes away from me and leaves.

I think my license plate may have pissed him off....I got it recently....

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
my driveway's open for ur car to park while u layn' low :wink:

·
8,827 Posts
I very seriously doubt he will come back.
It is not likely he even remembered the address.
Keep in mind, those are some angry (hungry too) men coming from work.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
give him some tater tots....:p ******** love tater tots...:p he was probably just hungry....

if not the tire iron has more than one use....

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
blueloco5 said:
give him some tater tots....:p ******** love tater tots...:p he was probably just hungry....

if not the tire iron has more than one use....
:lol: :lol:

you could of easily outrun him with your new S/C!! I cant believe you didnt want to test it out when it may have saved your life!! :D

and yah, DONT go home next time..... go to your bf's house or parents house or somewhere where you have a guy friend and call him on the way and tell him to be standing outside with a baseball bat or something. or some tater tots......

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I would go home.
The minute he steps on my property.

:lol: gun time.

If you had a cellphone you could have called the cops on him.
You could have also driven to the local police station or some public place.
I'm sure they would help you, just because you are a girl.

On anther note, "kill them with kindness" - one sunny day I was driving to my friends house - windows down, roof open, music blasting, you know the deal.

I was weaving in and out of traffic. I didn't cut people off, but it wasn't the safest driving if you know what I mean. Well one of the lights changed and some older guy pulled up next to me and I noticed that he was yelling.
So once he was done yelling, I turned my radio down and asked him "I'm sorry? What were you saying?" and he went off about me driving like a maniac etc etc. I just smiled waved and said "okay, thank you."

Light turned green and off I went.

·
Registered
130 Posts
IS JOE said:
You could go into a mcDonalds drive through and then tell the clerk to call the cops... if he is stupid enough to follow you, most likely he'll be trapped behind you :D
:lol: :lol: Nice!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Bad idea to pull up in your driveway. Even worse, was to get out of your car. Did you at least copy down his plates...if needed for the furure?

Public places are not the best place to head to. The larger the crowd, the less likley someone will assist you (should there be a scene made).

Use that damn power you have under your hood!!!!!!

Seriously, I vote for the Mickey-D's idea. Almost all of those have a camera that would record everything.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.