Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Apparently, I might have a roach infestation in my car. I don't think it's really that bad right now, but I just found a roach scurrying around my car tonight. I know there is a possiblility that he could have somehow just snuck in while the door was open and that it's no big deal, but I don't want to take my chances and wait for a whole colony of them to show up in the next week. So I'm thinking that I should take action. So my question is this:

I was thinking about using the foggers or water-activated foggers to rid my car of any infestation (if it exist). Do you think it would harm any materials/finishing inside the car? Such as the dash, trim, leather, etc?

I've used the fogger on my 240sx before with no problems, and it completly got rid of my roach problem.

So can anyone help me out? Has anyone used a fogger in their car before?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do they look like this?

Maybe get rid of the ones in your house before your car or else they will just keep coming back..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Those are some ugly SOBs right there!

And I must say I have never heard of anyone having living roaches in their cars, yet you have had them in 2 of your cars??
I know of the other kind of roaches tho :chill:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Wholly Crap!

Glad I live in Canada!

Digger08

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
^^ :lol:

Roaches the bug give me the heeby geebies :flee:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well first off, I don't have a garage. I park it in a structure. So the roaches in my house don't really have to do with the roaches in my car. haha. Secondly, I live in Hawaii, so I think the humidity and the weather have to do something with keeping these buggers alive. :(

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
wow i never heard of roaches in ppl cars besides the other ROACH lol.. but they are probably gettin in your car from your house or you might of had somebody in your car that had roach problems.. u probably had a baby roach in a bag of somethign and when you put it in your car the roach was in there..

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Hey guys. Apparently, I might have a roach infestation in my car. I don't think it's really that bad right now, but I just found a roach scurrying around my car tonight. I know there is a possiblility that he could have somehow just snuck in while the door was open and that it's no big deal, but I don't want to take my chances and wait for a whole colony of them to show up in the next week. So I'm thinking that I should take action. So my question is this:

I was thinking about using the foggers or water-activated foggers to rid my car of any infestation (if it exist). Do you think it would harm any materials/finishing inside the car? Such as the dash, trim, leather, etc?

I've used the fogger on my 240sx before with no problems, and it completly got rid of my roach problem.

So can anyone help me out? Has anyone used a fogger in their car before?

Yes, you can, and no, i wouldn't.

The spray in the foggers can damage electronics, Radio, ECU, etc etc. just because you got away with it once i dont think id chance fate a second time.

go to home depot/lowes/any other hardware store and get some roach traps.

edit:

As for those of you who have never seen roaches in cars before. Go install car audio for a living for a while. i guarantee you will see shit living in peoples cars you never wanted to know was possible :puke:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well first off, I don't have a garage. I park it in a structure. So the roaches in my house don't really have to do with the roaches in my car. haha. Secondly, I live in Hawaii, so I think the humidity and the weather have to do something with keeping these buggers alive. :(
Have you tried to strip your car out..

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
put about 10 foggers in your car, seal the windows shut and anywhere else that air can get in, and that should take care of the problem

·
Registered
338 Posts
Richter i agree with the finding live shit in people's cars, i found a whole bunch of creepy crawlies under someones carpet one time when i was doing their struts. And one time I found 2 dead birds tuck away under the hood. It is god aweful what you can find in all the nooks and crannies.

BUN

·
Registered
53 Posts
wow, roaches?

It depends on the fogger type as to what the damages are. You may want to first try getting your car steam cleaned/detailed inside to see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
brah just bomb your car.

oh yah and stop eating in there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
disgusting

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Richter i agree with the finding live shit in people's cars, i found a whole bunch of creepy crawlies under someones carpet one time when i was doing their struts. And one time I found 2 dead birds tuck away under the hood. It is god aweful what you can find in all the nooks and crannies.

BUN
Rats, squirrels, snakes, ants, silver fish, roaches, spiders (of just about every variety), mice, and just about any other insect you can think of. on top of living things, you can learn a lot about what kind of person owns a car, never meeting them, just by the kind of shit that accumulates under the seats... petrified french fries, exploded ketchup packets, squashed honey mustard sauce, leaking bottles of feminine hygiene products, and my all time worst find... USED CONDOMS... for the love of god, throw that shit in the trashcan in the McDonnalds parking lot you disgusting bastards... :puke:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts