Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this has been taking forever, I ran the first parts more than 2 years ago. Carbon guy was super busy with Adam Air ( now out of business) and I was super busy with other things as well. So it kept getting kicked back and forth, he has the mold, I have the mold, I give it back...etc. So finally, this is the first, true fitting piece. There are 2 minor glitches in the mold still, but they should be easily cleaned up. For now, enjoy the pics. This is real prepreg, cooked up in the fires of Mordor...I mean the autoclave. One splitter to rule them all ;)
If anyone wants a sample piece I am prepping 2x2 samples to sent out for you to see how strong these are. Most of the carbon on aftermarket stuff is done as a wet layup. It is heavy, and thick globs of gelcoat, and brittle and usually uses fiberglass for strength and the fabric usually shifts in the process. This is one in many things to come.

PRODUCTION PARTS PICS ATTACHED BELOW.

Fig

This is the new tight fit, you can see a minor glitch on the left pic, there is also a very thin seam on the right edge where we added material, but that can be cleaned up before the next round.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Frickin sweet! I don't have this front bumper, but damn, I appreciate the products you release for our cars! +Rep....

I hope you do more CF parts for other IS kits in the future. I've been wanting one for the TRD (L-tuned/Neo) front and even the rear would be sweet.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think if someone added a carbon splitter to the bottom on the whole lip it would really add some extra flare. Along with the carbon that it comes with.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Any pics with it on?

·
Registered
501 Posts
props figs... i'm new to the forum but from what i've seen so far ur an addict to this car <_< haha

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
where can i buy an RMM kit cheap,

ive been gettig quotes of 750 shipped! + brokerage and duties

reminding you im in Canada, but dying for an RMM LIP

·
Registered
84 Posts
How much is this lip kit going for in US dollars? I just joined the forum, first time seeing it but I love it

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
where can i buy an RMM kit cheap,

ive been gettig quotes of 750 shipped! + brokerage and duties

reminding you im in Canada, but dying for an RMM LIP
I have one for sale (the front and sides), but you will need to replace the cf piece for the front lip.

+rep when I can, Fig.
I can't wait for this to come out as well. Maybe then i'll have two lip kits to swap every now and then. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is exactly what Im looking for!! My RMM carbon fiber insert is cracked all over and faded. I am highly interested in your inserts. LET ME KNOW, I WANT ONE!!:bigSmile:

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holes are drilled by customer since there is no preset hole pattern from RMM.
The last weave piece is not spoken for and will be more $$. So if anyone is interested please pm me.

I can also provide hardware if required

One more thing, since these parts are so much stronger, I have decided to remove the original D cap piece on teh front. This will allow forgiveness if one were to hit the occasional parking block. NO spider cracks .......EVER!!!!

Fig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I was able to find an RMM front lip recently and the carbon splitter is pretty effed up. The clear coat is cracked and spidered all over but surprisingly the carbon itself isn't cracked. The clear coat is just so damn thick i can't remove it no matter how much i sand. Any way one can be made or by any chance ones for sale? Just the carbon splitter. Thanks so much in advance and keep up the good work !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts