Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the long wait is over and I have finished the Carbon splitter replacement for RMM front lip project. These are 2 layers, carbon prepreg and significantly stronger that the wet layup version smothered in gelcoat that came on these parts originally.

Pricing currently is $250 and a one week lead time. These have no clear coat finish because they are made in the autoclave under high pressure. The finish will be semi glossy but a clear coat can be applied or a wax can improve these to a high gloss shine.

Shipping will be via small wooden framed crate so that there is not damage and shipping costs will be quoted with the order. $30-$35 is the typical range. I will post up more pictures as they come out, this is the last piece out of the new mold. The minor defects will be fixed in the finished product.

This is the new tight fit, you can see a minor glitch on the left pic, there is also a very thin seam on the right edge where we added material, but that can be cleaned up before the next round.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i need one. when will it ship?

·
Registered
537 Posts
ok then, done. I'll go through your site to order.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hey Fig, do you have any pics of the bottom side of the lip/360 view? I'd like to see how this one compares to the first one I bought from you when you first started this project.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
So what you're selling is a replacement piece for the RMM front lip kit? or is it the shebang? Just want to be sure. Thanks FIGity FIGmeister

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just got the splitter. Couldn't be happier. no issues with the mold at all. Seems to be slightly lighter than the original. maybe it's just me. Thanks Fig for excellent work. I'll get mounted pics after it's on.

Attachments

Reactions: White2003Lexus

·
Registered
537 Posts
The packing worked out perfect. No damage at all.
If fedex broke anything inside the package would have to be FUBAR.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was hit on the freeway a little while ago. I left the splitter with the body shop so I'll get pics when the car is done.

·
Registered
537 Posts
car is still in the body shop. I was told it would be in paint by fri. I'll get pics as soon as I can.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts