Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found a set wheels perfect for my IS...size, offset, etc...
on an ebay listing.
In this listing he writes

"Payment should be received 3 days after auction ends. Buyer pays shipping of 100.00."

and i'm thinking thats ok for shipping 4 wheels from texas to ny...
well I win the bidding and when the invoice comes he sends me a quote for
600 dollars just for shipping alone. :suspiciou

So since some of you must have shipped wheels around the country before
i need your insight...is this price for real? or is this guy trying to make a living off of me? whats the average shipping price for wheels cross country?

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
what was the final price which you won the wheels at? if that price is lower than expected than maybe he is trying to make up for it with shipping? i also shipped my wheels from Miami to St. Louis (with tires) for $190

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i won a set of used wheels more like 2 rims and 2 complete with tires for 300 and 600 for shipping, so 900 altogether..

so which shipping company or service do you guys use to send wheels?
UPS?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Go to fed ex or ups website, and you can calculate shipping. Shipping though is about $100 for 4 wheels. If you include the tires it could be even more due to the weight.

I have shipped wheels twice and received once, and they were all around $100.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
I shipped 19" wheels with tires from West Coast to the East Coast... final price for all 4 wheels INCLUDING tires came out to $354.xx. This was via UPS Ground, including insurance, and packaging material that UPS used (was @ $60 for material)

but if the wheels you won are new in box with no tires, it should only cost @ $100 total.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I shipped a whole car for $600 from Florida to Chicago.
I shipped 4 rims with tires a few weeks ago and I think it was about $80 total.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So the auction said a flat fee of $100 in shipping and he changed it to $600???? is that right?? I would not think that is fair if that is the case and would dispute that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
had 2 sets of rims shipped now and both times was 80-120 depending on size. i had my IS shipped from CA and it was $400. I'd say ripoff unless he backed it our of the rims (ie the final bid was $1000 for the rims and would be +100 for shipping. and then the rims ended up being 500 and the shipping 600 = 1100 total.)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sewell in Texas shipped four 18" G-Spider wheels to me in North Carolina for $89.00.

·
Registered
922 Posts
With those Ebay listings they'll jack up the shipping charges to have the item itself listed at a lower price range. To make people look and also because of cheaper listing fees. But if they had $100 in the actual auction itself that is what they have to sell it for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*update*

sent him an email back telling him to honor the shipping price that was originally stated in the listing or show me the shipping quote...this is what he sent back to me word for word,
trying to justify his shipping costs...

"Here are the prices from UPS. I thought they looked kinda high but thats just what it said for the weight and measurements to ship all of these. Calculate Time and Cost
Air Freight Time and
Cost Summary
Based on the selected destination, 1 or more additional days time in transit may apply.
Air Freight ResultsAir Freight ResultsAir Freight Service Total Ship Date Expected Delivery
to Destination*
UPS Next Day Air® Freight NGS
(Non-Guaranteed) 658.17 USD
Show Details Thursday
01/17/2008 12 PM
Friday
01/18/2008

* Fuel Surcharge applied.
* Destination time is determined by terms of service and accessorials selected.
Next StepsNext Steps
Modify Your Air Freight Rate Request
Get Another Air Freight Rate Request
Air Freight Rate Request Details Air Freight Rate Request Details
Ship From: TX , 77478 , US Residential Address Ship To: NY , 11355 , US Residential Address Shipment Date: Thursday, 01/17/2008 Payment Terms: Prepaid Declared/Insured Value: 1000 USD
Actual Weight: 80 (lbs.) Dimensional Weight: 61 (lbs.) Billable Weight: 151 (lbs.) [/B]

.... that means he wants to ship it to me next day air?? i'm speechless
and my stock wheels are looking better and better to me...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Well is he doesnt want to honor his listing which he has to, he had plenty of time to do research before they were sold. Than you report him to Ebay and move on to some other rims.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Yes next day it around $600 bucks, but tell him to keep scrolling down, 3 day ground is $100 or less for just wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Depends on the size of the wheels and all but normal ground rates for UPS are usually around $30-$50 each. That can easily change if he is using oversize boxes. If he said $100 I would do like others are saying on here and make him honor that. You can also call one of the local UPS stores to you and ask them for a quote. You will need his zip, size of the box(es) and the weight. The shipping cost should be the same there as it is back. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts