Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'01 IS300 w/out Graphite wheel asking for $34,890 out of the door (included tax). Let me know if they're smoking wee or something!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
thats called MSRP...I think some dealers have gone back to MSPR since some colors/options seem to be in low supply and the 2002 may be more money....?

just my .02

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Thats not MSRP!!! What is the tax rate in your area? I paid 1900.00 in tax on mine. If you add tx, title, and license it should around the 2k plus range. That would be around 32600 for the car which is high(As they are). Drop about a g-note off that and you would be looking good.
If you were paying MSRP then the car would have been 36k+ out the door.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to mention, the Saleman told me that he will give me $2,500 discount on the '01 model, which sounds like he didn't.
To be honest, I was hoping for the price to be no more than $33K out of the door.
Color of choice WDP, No LSD, No Graphite wheel plus everything else. Let me know if my price is reasonable. Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
dude....i payed 31,000 for mine and my out the door price was somewhere around 33,750 with taxes, titles, and registration. that may not be such a bad price after all depending on the tax rate and options.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
34k here with lojack, no lsd or heated seats!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
got this off the acura-tl.net site
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/001526.html

"posted by TNguyenTypeS May 23, 2001 03:38 PM

Thanks all for the quick reply to my posted. As I said earlier, "I'm pretty BUSY at work and will not have time to go for a test drive myself until this Saturday" But so far, the TypeS is still #1 on my list. Again, Thanks all. "

Notice it is from TnguyenTypeS, just wondering if this is you too. Are you yanking our chain over here. Just wondersd why you seem to have the Tl-s as number one choice but are determined to get an IS.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Notice it is from TnguyenTypeS, just wondering if this is you too. Are you yanking our chain over here. Just wondersd why you seem to have the Tl-s as number one choice but are determined to get an IS.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes this is me (the same person). I'm in the market for new car.
Originally I was gonna go with IS300, it looks nice exterior but NOT the interior (too much plastic, I want more luxury and full leather inside), then went for a test drive and didn't like it that much plus dealer gave me an awful quote.
Therefore I decided will go for a test drive with '02 Acura TL_TypeS tomorrow and decide which car I like the best. So far, IS300 has let me down as far as the car and price go.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If you can't find a better quote, you're not looking hard enough. If you really wanted the car, shop around a little, and check out dealerships in neighboring states. Come on down to Atlanta and I guarantee you'd find a great deal.

But from what I read on the TL, you're looking for more of a cushy ride than a sporty one. I'd stick with the TL.

[ May 25, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts