Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been much delayed posting on here...but last march I lost my IS300 in a fight between it and black ice & a tree.. :balling: The car did its job...it broke and I didn't. Worst part was it was the last freeze of the year and I was only going 20 miles per hour. I guess even snow tires can't withstand ice!

It was a great 5 year run and I wish everyone here the best of luck!

Here are pictures of the wreck: Picasa Web Albums - Patrick Mergler - Wrecked IS300

My new ride is quite a change but needed something to haul a speedboat...IS wouldn't cut it :bigSmile: I still carried forward my drive to customize...had the lift kit, new tires & rim, front bumper and side rock rails delivered before I even took delivery :cool: Picasa Web Albums - Patrick Mergler - New Wrangler ...

Patrick

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Sorry to hear about you loss. I am also contemplating selling my IS to get a nice truck. I need something to transport my dirt bike around in and I refuse to pull it with my car. If my IS was not paid off already I would prob do it in a second.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Glad to hear you made out ok. Just think if another 490,000 black IS300s crash I would have the only one. :lol:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
That's one helluva hit... glad you're okay.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Black ice sucks man, I had a buddy of mine who died in a wreck caused by black ice. Glad to hear you're alright!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
That much structural damage at 20mph? hmmm
Anyway, good to hear you made it out safely.Enjoy the Jeep....we'll still be here when you return to sanity.j/k .....But seriously, it wont be long till you want something that handles.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That much structural damage at 20mph? hmmm
Anyway, good to hear you made it out safely.Enjoy the Jeep....we'll still be here when you return to sanity.j/k .....But seriously, it wont be long till you want something that handles.

Trees don't give much....and I hit right on the corner, I guess call it a weak point :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts