Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Decals are crap.
You've got to get them painted black and polish the sides.
Mine are like this too
Lextasy stole a picture from someone who did this, it isn't a picture of his decals because the inside are black too.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
what exactly do you mean by rim decals? do you mean caliper decals?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dont waste your money on that stuff, go get some spray paint and some painters tape, tape off the faces of the spokes and the lip and spray the rest, put on a couple coats allow for dry in between, it will look better and its wont "peel" off when hit it with a pressure washer at the car wash. 20 bucks in spray paint vs 120 for vinyls........experiment

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
you should just buy some Black Volks instead. its a little more expensive but at least you wont look like an idiot.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think the painted rims look good like that. Those definitely look like they are the painted ones and not a decal. I wouldn't waste your money or time with the decals. Most people who have rims like that took time to clean and sand the rims painted the inside part, polished the exposed alum and then clear coated the whole rim. Or you can have someone do it for you if you'd rather. If you do it yourself it will actually be cheaper than the decals.
For an even better look someone on here used a process where he baked the rims with an acrylic paint (i think). You can find it if you search, however he did it they came out great, but that will be more expensive.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
just get some black grill paint...works REALLY good, we painted a couple of wheels with it (SRT-4 and MSP), and they still look perfect. if you want to take it a step further, get some high-heat clear and coat them after to you paint it. it will look very good, make sure you clean the wheels REALLY good and you really have to sand hard on our wheels because the stock clear on them is pretty thick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts