Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and couldn't find much...anyone recommend a place that'll fix curb rash? i remember something about a place in San diego...can't find the thread though
thanks

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
you can try:
Custom Wheel Service
3158 E La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 632-6700 ask for Paul Watanabe
they were recommended to me by Blitz-NA to repair/refinish my rims

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i know this thread is kinda old, but any other recommendations for good wheel repair shops? i need a shop that can fix more than a scratch (it's more like a small chunk of metal is missing. :-?) also, any idea how much they charge per rim? thanks, guys!! :wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm looking for a wheel repair shop too for a bent rim. I came up with two possibles, rimpro in Carson (www.rimpro.com) and Wheel Repair in Santa Ana (www.wheel-repairs.com). Anyone use either of these places?
ltunegirl - where did you end up having your repair done, and were you happy with the results?
TIA

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ended up using http://www.fixrim.com/loc.htm
brandonbaz on this board bought the rims from me and when he got them they looked like new
the only issue i had with them was they took a couple extra days to actually ship the rim out but the work was top notch

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
brandonbaz on this board bought the rims from me and when he got them they looked like new
the only issue i had with them was they took a couple extra days to actually ship the rim out but the work was top notch
awesome. thanks! :wink: i don't care about the time, since i'm not in a hurry. i know exactly where that place is located as well...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
thundercloud080903 said:
ltunedgirl said:
awesome. thanks! :wink: i don't care about the time, since i'm not in a hurry. i know exactly where that place is located as well...
I went to the one in Stanton to paint my rims, and they did an okay job...you could tell that the paint looked like a thicker layer than before, and the paint in the inner parts of the wheel wasn't very smooth. it seemed as if they rushed my rims or something.

also, when i dropped off my rims, they neglected to tell me that my rims were hypersilver and would cost an extra ~$50 per rim to paint (they actually told me it was just going to cost $109/rim). when i picked up my car, they tried to charge me extra for the paint, but after some argument, they didn't. it ended being something like $109/rim + tire mounting costs. i fixed two rims for somewhere in the mid $200's after tax

on top of that, there was a little paint chip on one of my wheels when i got there to pick them up (like they knocked it against something after they finished painting it). i told them, and they did offer to repaint them again, but i opted not to cuz i didn't want to drive back there again or deal with them anymore.

maybe i'm just unlucky when it comes to these things...and i guess they did offer to fix all their mistakes. but just somethings you might wanna consider before deciding where to go.

·
Registered
324 Posts
there is this place in gardena (on western) that fixes rims...its called boltens wheel or something like that..i have taken my rims there whenever they bend or need polishing..they do a good job and dont charge that much :D

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
aLexus said:
there is this place in gardena (on western) that fixes rims...its called boltens wheel or something like that..i have taken my rims there whenever they bend or need polishing..they do a good job and dont charge that much :D
thanks, alexus! i think that might be the same place western autobody uses as well...i might check it out for the 2 rims with minor curb rash... :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts