Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got my ifroged wheels after weeks of waiting and the offset is too low. So my rims stick out past the fenders (front and rear). I was lowered 3 inches with coilovers and i had to raise the car up so the rims could fit. I do have a bad camber as well. I had a 225/35/19 tires on the front rim 19x7.5 and since then i have changed it to a 215/35/19. I was able to lower the car about a inch back down with the tire change. But i need an alignment to save tires life. Once the rims are aligned they will definately rub against the fender.

In light of that i have checked a few body shops to see if they can pull the fender out inorder to give the clearance the rims would need. DO you think this is a good idea?

Also i was thinking about changing the rear tires from 235/35/19 to 22535/19. the rear rims are 19x8.5. Is this a good idea as well.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
what offset?

on the norm, Vince at Iforged would not make a rim that would not fit perfect, unless you requested a different size. Please tell the offset.

David

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I have to agree with Dave. Vince would not give you that low of an offset unless you asked for it but you mentioned you didn't know what offsets to use in a previous post. When I originally asked Vince to build my rims, I asked for 19x7.5 and 19x8.5 (L-Sportline sizes) but he suggested that I get 19x8 and 19x9 because he could give me more of an agressive lip with those widths. I'm surprised he would build a 19x7.5 or 19x8.5, that's out of the norm. He normally builds 19x8 and 19x9/19x9.5 for an IS. He also uses generic offsets for his rims.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i never did specify what offset cause it slipped my mind at the time. But there offset is usually on the back of the rim but it is not on any of my rims so i have no clue what it is. I did specify that i wanted 7.5 for the front and 8.5 for the rear cause i was trying to avoid rubbing problems and that they front rims would sit in far enough cause i am pretty low.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
badaltezza said:
i never did specify what offset cause it slipped my mind at the time. But there offset is usually on the back of the rim but it is not on any of my rims so i have no clue what it is. I did specify that i wanted 7.5 for the front and 8.5 for the rear cause i was trying to avoid rubbing problems and that they front rims would sit in far enough cause i am pretty low.
Are the front wheels completely tucked in? If there are, my advice would be to bring your car to a really good body shop and have the front fenders rolled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts