Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got L-Tuned springs and sways installed about a month ago and everything was fine. The first thing I checked was to make sure all sides were the same height as I remember someone posting awhile ago saying one side of their car was higher than the other after installing Tein springs. Mine was perfect on all sides.

Then last week I take my car to the dealership for an alignment and now the right side is higher than the left.

WTF happened?!?!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
as far as i've heard, only tein owners have noticed this problem in the past.. maybe the right side of the car is definitely higher than the left? who knows.. i don't think anyone has figured out this problem yet..

·
Registered
290 Posts
your in a bad situation...cuz the dealership isnt gonna do shit for you cuz they will say the springs void your warranty...i really dunno what to say other then try to go to another shop...or to the one that installed your shit...goodluck

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
this happened to me and some other people on the forums from what i remember...i guess we all just ended up ignoring the problem but its not just with tein springs...i have the hks hipermax damper II and the difference is less but still not perfect

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
FutraSupraCharged IS300 said:
this happened to me and some other people on the forums from what i remember...i guess we all just ended up ignoring the problem but its not just with tein springs...i have the hks hipermax damper II and the difference is less but still not perfect
hm if you have coils why don't you just set them so that the car sits evenly?

IS300_Onyx_SportDesign said:
your in a bad situation...cuz the dealership isnt gonna do sh*t for you cuz they will say the springs void your warranty...i really dunno what to say other then try to go to another shop...or to the one that installed your sh*t...goodluck
why would the dealership say that the springs void his warranty? they are L-tuned products after all.

btw the height issue seems to be an aesthetic problem only..[/quote]

·
Registered
65 Posts
My passenger side is higher than the driver side after installing the ltuned sways. Initially, the rear sway was set to Medium and I noticed the difference. Then I adjusted it to Soft and the difference in height seem to be less noticeable. 3 weeks ago I changed it to hard and now the problem is back with a vengence.
For me, the problem is not just cosmetic. It wore out the inner shoulder of the tire on the side that's lower.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Seele said:
My passenger side is higher than the driver side after installing the ltuned sways. Initially, the rear sway was set to Medium and I noticed the difference. Then I adjusted it to Soft and the difference in height seem to be less noticeable. 3 weeks ago I changed it to hard and now the problem is back with a vengence.
For me, the problem is not just cosmetic. It wore out the inner shoulder of the tire on the side that's lower.
it is noted that you should get an alignment after installing sways... if you change it around it may also cause the alignment to be thrown off, which could affect tire wear..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the eibach spring set and I had the same problem even after i spent $200 to remove the springs. this is a common problem even with the stock is300's and Lexus should do something about it. If it bothers you that much I recall someone suggesting putting in a spring spacer/riser. and lemme know if you find such a product cuz the half inch difference is super noticeable on my csr cuz its lowered.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the eibach spring set and I had the same problem even after i spent $200 to remove the springs. this is a common problem even with the stock is300's and Lexus should do something about it. If it bothers you that much I recall someone suggesting putting in a spring spacer/riser. and lemme know if you find such a product cuz the half inch difference is super noticeable on my car cuz its lowered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts