Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending some time reading through the forums, I couldn't help but notice a lot of talk about "rice."

Someone mind explaining what makes something ricey? And what is a ricer? What about rice-boy or rice-mobile? How the hell do you "rice-up" a car?

What's the origin of this? And, why rice? Why not corn, or wheat or something?

After searching and searching, I find nothing.

And, excuse me for being clueless.

Thx,
-z

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
usualy refering to hondas or japanese imports. with mods such as supra spoiler, chrome rims, racing stripe, type-r sticker, big ass exhaust tip, clear taillights, 50 different color bulbs, vtec stickers, powered by stickers, stickers overall. anyone wanna help me out?

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
102 Posts
But Why the word rice ?

Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
usualy refering to hondas or japanese imports. with mods such as supra spoiler, chrome rims, racing stripe, type-r sticker, big ass exhaust tip, clear taillights, 50 different color bulbs, vtec stickers, powered by stickers, stickers overall. anyone wanna help me out?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the link, Interesting info.
I did not know ....

QUOTE]Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
rice is in reference to the vehicles country of origin...it goes back to motorcycles actually when import bikes were called rice rockets...visit http://riceboypage.com for more info[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
653 Posts
I always thought it was because they ate a lot of rice....I dont know. Hopefully not offending anyone here.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nah, just cause they're Japanese made. There are many ricers out there who aren't even asian. The import scene is expanding, and includes all sorts of people. Although I guess there are more asian ricers in proportion to the Asian-american population... but let's not get into demographics...

·
Registered
387 Posts
haha, if an asian being called "riced" up their car because they eat rice, then how do you call a German rice up? or even an Italian? call them "spaghetti"?

just joking, hope didn't offend anyone.

by the way, I am asian.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Originally posted by NT WORK:
WOW... this www.riceboypage.com is flippin' great!!! I always knew... but Who took the time to put this masterpiece together???

Was that a Filipino reference?

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Lexus_IS300 you just refered to almost every car I see as being a rice car. hmm "racing stripes" well that makes Vipers & Vettes rice cars. "Crome Rims" well there goes every car being a rice car. hehe be discriptive
hell I looked at it this way. Any Imported car that has mod's of any kind is riced-out. Good view huh

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by yamaot:
haha, if an asian being called "riced" up their car because they eat rice, then how do you call a German rice up? or even an Italian? call them "spaghetti"?

just joking, hope didn't offend anyone.

by the way, I am asian.

Interestingly, for a while, many western movies (movies about the wild west in the US) were filmed in italy. These were called "spaghetti" westerns. We should probably start calling ferraris and fiat's "spaghetti'd" out cars. Bimmers could be Beer'd out, Brat'd out, Schnizel'd out.

By the way - I'm not asian, italian, or german and do not care if I offend anyone.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by Dustin:
Hey Lexus_IS300 you just refered to almost every car I see as being a rice car. hmm "racing stripes" well that makes Vipers & Vettes rice cars. "Crome Rims" well there goes every car being a rice car. hehe be discriptive
hell I looked at it this way. Any Imported car that has mod's of any kind is riced-out. Good view huh
please reread wat i said carefully. "usually refering to hondas and japanese imports"

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
I always understood "riced-out", "ricey", "ricer" to be a reference to the cars which are overly done. Wannabe, poser cars, trying to look like something that's fast without being fast itself. A faux show car. I have no respect for those types of cars, or their owners, BUT I like Hondas, or any other car that has been modified with the emphasis being on overall performance enhancement, not just drag racing.

------------------
MAD

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, not at all - come on now. Inadvertantly threw that out there in leiu of something like frickin/freakin/****in/etc. Will use on of the latter next time if yoiu prefer - k?

Originally posted by LexArkana:

Was that a Filipino reference?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You might have a point. Since most asia country do consume rice as their major diet.

Originally posted by triz:
I always thought it was because they ate a lot of rice....I dont know. Hopefully not offending anyone here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts