Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FACEPALM!

oh my

vis is legit

theres millions of threads about them

i would buy from a vendor not direct due to pricing
Haha sorry if it seems like a dumb question. But I'm from Hawaii and no one I know here really gets anything from them. I would buy from a vendor, but I don't know of any shops that deal with them here. Thanks for the input though! That's all i needed

+rep

·
Registered
622 Posts
What about online? I know shipping will be slightly higher bc you aren't part of the mainland, but there are tons of websites I am sure that have decent shipping prices.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Dude shipping to hawaii is going to kill you.

·
Premium Member
20,996 Posts
you are directly between the mainland and japan. WHY ARE YOU ORDERING KNOCKOFF WHEN YOU CAN HAVE LEGIT FOR ROUGHLY THE SAME SHIPPING COSTS

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shipping cost isn't too much of a issue to me. Being in Hawaii, no matter what I do I'm going to get hit with a shipping cost. And I'd rather get the knock off because getting the genuine thing from japan would cost more for the actual thing, and add to the inconvenience

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
My VIS was flawless. BUT... You need to get it clearcoated. Most CF hoods will need it, otherwise, you'll have heat haze on your hood in under a year. If you do get it, it's no big deal, I got it, and sanding and clearing will fix it. I wonder if I still have the before and after pics.

Clearing shouldn't cost more than 100 bucks, just about every shop clears on a daily basis.

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
My VIS was flawless. BUT... You need to get it clearcoated. Most CF hoods will need it, otherwise, you'll have heat haze on your hood in under a year. If you do get it, it's no big deal, I got it, and sanding and clearing will fix it. I wonder if I still have the before and after pics.

Clearing shouldn't cost more than 100 bucks, just about every shop clears on a daily basis.
Great point on clear coating and its pretty cheap

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.