Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I ordered recently the Front and Rear Camber kits from THMotorsports. Here is a review on the set.

Ordering process:
First off, ordering these suckers were very very simple. The help that THMotorsports gave when calling in was impeccable. I am from Canada and ordering across the border from companies from the States is usually a hassle but this order was simple, fast, and no issues happened at all during the shipment. I know I get annoying with questions but the guys at THMotorsports didn't mind to answer any questions I had to throw at them.

Fronts
Install:
Opening these things were surprisingly quick and in the box, they were already put together in the order of bolts and washers you need to install. So its as easy as unbolting them, and rebolting it together on your upper control arm.
The instructions that were given in the box were very vague and hard to understand, so the fact that they were already bolted together helped (just had to use a bit of common sense).
Hardest part in the install process is taking out the existing ball joint. Make sure you look at the notes in the instructions to make sure you don't break anything. Other than that, install of the fronts took about an hour for both sides (this is winging a lot of the install lol)
NOTE: make sure you take your time on installing them to make it adjust in and out, not side to side as its easy to make that mistake as the guide doesn't have a stopper from twisting upon install. (you will know what I mean when you install it)
Pros:
The set was easy to put on and they are easy to adjust.
Very cheap for what you get, and for how much my car is lowered, it gets it dead on to stock alignment. (lowing more in the spring w/ new suspension set up, so will see how that goes)
Cons:
To switch from adjusting the camber more positive to more negative than stock, you would have to take apart the arm again and reposition the adjuster 180 degrees. (really this isn't needed if you are lowering the car and want to make the camber more positive.)

Rears
Install:
Installing these guys can be considered as just as easy as the fronts, or more of a pain in the 4$$. lol
The instructions are more helpful this time but make sure before you do the work taking apart your stock adjusters, that your dremel tool that you need is brand new and sharp. (I made the mistake of using a dulled tool and had to stop half way, put it back together until I got a new bit.)
The install of these are simple as everything bolts into place super easy. The guide for the adjuster that they add helps with the strength a bit on the arm and the adjuster is even. Also the guide is fool proof to figure out how it fits on the control arm as it is made to line right up to the left or the right side (each one is made specific to a side).
The only pain is that you need to muscle yourself drilling the extra room for the extended guide.
Pros:
This set was again easy to put on (when every tool was there that I needed), and simple to adjust.
The setup is super cheap compared to other kits (but so you know, you are only getting an extra adjustment to the positive camber)
Cons:
Only positive camber adjustment advances over stock. Having more negative camber adjustment may help as to those (and my future plans) to go more aggressive in the wheel department.

OVERALL:
Overall, the kit was worth the buy. It came out to being a slight bit cheaper if not exact same price as a complete front arm replacement, but for my street uses only, its more than what I need.
The guys at THMotorsports were amazing and am definitely going to them first for all my parts needs that will be ordered from the States (unless they don't carry what part I want/need lol)
Yes you could go out there and get the FIGs rear arm and Cusco Front arm, but for around $300 for simple camber adjustments, this kit was worth it to me.
After driving with them on the car for a bit now, I have no issues and feels just the same as my stock arms.
Out of 10, I will give this kit an 8 as there are some things that can be issues to others (as listed in the cons above).
For me, this kit was perfect.

Thanks and hope this helps others that may be interested in the kit.

Aidan (eye ess)

If you have any questions, post, and I will try and help as best I can.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Good review. But needs pics!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could help to get the original ball joint out.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You should do a diy on this... Lots of people have these kits but end up selling them cause they don't know or don't want to spend the money installing them... It would help out a lot if someone did make a diy of these kits... I've had this kit for a year now and still haven't came by to installing them... Got a qoute for jus installing the rears at 200 bux... I figured I could save the money and do them myself but when I got under the car, I wasn't sure which way it when or how to install them... Pics and steps would help out a bunch...

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can do a DIY, just may take a lil while to do one with photos

If you have the tools, the rears are very very easy to install.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry,

Havent had a chance as I am a University student and busy w/ work.
Once reading week hits I will write one up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody having problems with installing the rear kit? There seems to be a small bump on the control arm that interferes with the install. Also, my installer says the kit adds more negative camber even after the hole is elongated more. Plus my kit looks different from that of SPC's website. I need more positive camber from my kit as I'm already low on my 19's. Any suggestions? Need help!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Curious has anybody that has this kit had issues with the front kit hitting the inner fender walls? I heard of an issue and have searched but havent found anything, i just received my kits and will be installing soon and just want to make sure there are no issues with the fronts, if not i'll return them and go with maybe the Megan upper arm?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I DEFINITELY hit the fenders. Its the nut on top thats the culprit. Not worth it IMO

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Curious has anybody that has this kit had issues with the front kit hitting the inner fender walls? I heard of an issue and have searched but havent found anything, i just received my kits and will be installing soon and just want to make sure there are no issues with the fronts, if not i'll return them and go with maybe the Megan upper arm?
It also depends on how far you are lowered and on what springs. If you are dropped on a very light sprung spring with stock shocks and it sits really low, the physics behind this will have this hitting the upper wheel well under heavy suspension compression. If you are using coilovers and around a 2" drop, the chance if this happening is much lower.

Thanks in advance,

Edward
1-800-959-0145
[email protected]
THMotorsports - Discount Performance Parts Sale | Lowest Price | Free Shipping - Homepage

1 - 18 of 18 Posts