Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just got these bulbs for my fogs. They were a little pricey. I'm only buying them once, if they break, I swore to be PIAA's biggest online adversary.
:pissed:

Anyway they look great! Up close, they are a light blue color, but from any farther than 150 feet away, they look HID and match the stock headlights perfectly, they don't look blue the farther away you see them from. I give these a thumbs up! :D

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics= on the way tonight, I'm slow :lol:
price= $90 shipped from e-bay
lens= I got the yellow lens removed, I have clear fogs. So the bulb is it's "actual" color.

<edit>but to justify the cost, I wanted my fogs to be a noticeably higher color temperature than the stock HID headlights, and these were some of the only bulbs I know of that fit the bill, without going HID conversion on the fogs.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the pics. Please excuse the crappy pics, my camera sucks. And yes, I need to get rid of the orange sidemarkers. :)

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blue light+yellow lense= GREEN.

If you put these bulbs in the stock fogs, you'd probably end up with a light green color........

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasn't looking to match the stock bulbs, I wanted something different color(higher color temp.). The fact they match ok from far away was just a plus.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, all the cheaper bulbs said they were like 5300k, and that's the brightest ones I found besides these. I figured that wasn't too much higher than the stock bulbs, so it wouldn't contrast enough. As I said before, I'm only buying these once, and if they break, I'm going cheapies from here on out!

By the way, do you know what sidemarker wedge bulbs would match the stock HID's best? Thanks! Austin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.