Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
idiotic review. How can the author mention the Z3 coupe as a reference point? The Z3 Coupe and the SportCross are about as different as they come.

The Z3 Coupe is a two seat sports car. The SportCross is a 5 passenger wagon/hatchback. I guess they are similar in that they have 4 wheels, an engine, and a hatchback, but that's about it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not even sure the author actually drove it ..... reading between the lines, it sounds like a "paper" review.

Originally posted by nostatic:
idiotic review. How can the author mention the Z3 coupe as a reference point? The Z3 Coupe and the SportCross are about as different as they come.

The Z3 Coupe is a two seat sports car. The SportCross is a 5 passenger wagon/hatchback. I guess they are similar in that they have 4 wheels, an engine, and a hatchback, but that's about it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah that was a pretty pointless review. i could have told you all that was mentioned in the article. Doesn't sound like the writer did anything besides check out the trunk space...:lol:

Maybe he shoulda used the WRX wagon as a reference point...that would have been more realistic comparison.

How about that whole shpiel about extra weight of the wagon improving handling?? More weight = better handling? Maybe they would find a Cadillac Deville DTS to compete with it in the slalom!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. The Lexus SportCross brochure lists the 325i/325xi SportWagon as a competitor - not the Z3 coupe.

Originally posted by nostatic:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think he was comparing IS to Z3 on how well the hatch back compliment the base model.

Quote-

"Lexus, though, may have a car in the SportCross that will last a bit longer than the square-butted Beemer, reportedly being dropped next year after disappointing sales.

The IS 300 hatchback doesn't suffer from comparison to a convertible the way the Z3 coupe did. In fact, it takes the sedan to new heights."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Increased weight *can* improve handling, especially if it evens out weight distribution. Although there are many factors involved, the addition of 50 lbs here or 100 lbs there can improve cornering and performance without extracting too much of a penalty in the weight-to-hp ratio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts