Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone read the review of the M3 in the Automobile magazine for this month? This car is going to be a stunning success for BMW.

L-tuned division? Are you LISTENING?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The L-tuned division has done things like supension/wheel upgrades as well as body cladding... They don't do much as far as engine performance...right?
Eric...

·
Registered
239 Posts
hey what are the stats for the new M3? what's 0-60, 1/4mile, horsepower, torque?

when's it coming out?
how much is it going to cost starting, as well as fully loaded?
is the engine double vanos or watnot?

·
Registered
571 Posts
the new M3 is going to kick some buttttt.
it aint every year BMW comes out with a new design M3, and I can just imagine myself and oh so many out there lusting for this car...

although, the price is nasty...you can get a CL type-S and an IS300 for the price of one M3.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If the price would have been similar to the E36 M3, I would have wait for it and buy the new M3 instead of IS. But to take the E46 out of door, you will need at least $65K (yes, that is not a typo) here in So. Cal. The salesman say the performance is on par with the 911, but I don't quite believe that until I see it. Right now the rumor I have heard is 0-60mph in 4.5 to 4.7 sec, and 1/4 mile in low 13.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
daniel, official numbers i believe is 4.8(but some still cling to the original claim of 5.2)
out thte door, i know many people who are getting it out the door at 55k....not 65k. its not on par with the 911 and the 0-60 will not be that low, but it will still be a sweet car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
0-60 4.8
0-100 11.5
30-70 4.3
60-0 2.6
Standing 1/4 13.3 @ 108mph
Standing km 24.2 @ 131mph
30-50 in 4th 4.3
50-70 in 6th 10.1

Sounds awesome...

·
Registered
511 Posts
From another one of my posts:

"There is way more to the new M3 than just more power, although that is all people seem to care about these days. It has a stiffer chassis, wider track, bigger brakes, new trick limited slip, etc. So not only is it going to be a sub 5 to 60mph car, it will get around and out of corners much faster. Despite the weight increase, //M insists it is more nimble than its predecessor.

One review complained it was too stiff a ride which means it is perfect."

A couple of tenths to 60mph won't mean anything on a backroad or on a track. Dropping a big in the IS will not make an M3. On bimmer.org there was a link to a //M engineer who discussed in detail how the car was designed. It is not simply an E46 with stiffer shocks and springs. I think it is a bargain compared to its competition.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The reason I said you will have to pay $65K to drive the car off the dealer lot is because of the premium they are putting on the car. Right now they are asking for $10k over the sticker to anyone who wants to get on the waiting list and get their cars by early next year. I wish it is $55k out of door, because I may be able to get that by end of next year if that is the price.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i dont' like the styling all that much, but for that perforamnce, hell yeah i agree its worth it, although i'm sure if you want an all out sports car the z06 is a better deal =) not ALL dealers are putting up a premium on the car...do some shopping around.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'll take the C32, boyz.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts