Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as some of you know, I'm running the I-Manage from LMS. I've had the car back for about 1 month and have been messing with it. I've done some street tuning, using my wide band and the I-Manage. I have to tell you its so easy. When l left the LMW meet, i was seeing 9-10 and some 12 a/f. After learning how to adjust the I-Manage, I've got it down to 11.5-11.8 across the board. From a dig, all the way up to 8psi to WOT @ 110.
I actually felt the difference in TQ and acceleration. Even when Pann had tuned my first setup w/the e-manage, i couldn't chirp tires. I had envied Das' vids where he took off and you could hear him chirp going into 3rd. Remember this is an e-shift. You can set the I-Manage to engage at whatever PSI setting you want. I have it set to engage at 1 PSI. I went to a dyno shop in Santee, The DynoShop, to get a run or 2 in to see were my A/F was at. See post about this DynoShop experience in another thread http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=266478 .I sat in to see if my Zeitronix was reading the same as the Dyno. The sensor for the dyno being in the exhaust and my wide band in the race pipe. There was a diff of .1 -.2 between the two.
So the A/F reading for the following rpms were:
RPMS A/F
4900 12.60
5000 11.80
5100 11.00
5200 11.00
5300 11.20
5400 11.40
5500 11.50
5600 11.50
5700 11.50
5800 11.50
5900 11.50
6000 11.50
6100 11.50
6200 11.60

So far, the I-manage is very easy to use and tune/adjust the fuel. The drivability of the car is awesome. No hiccups, no CEL's, I've yet to feel a drop in HP due to timing being retarded. No sounds of detonation and I've been driving the shiznik out of it. I drive it hard, yes I do.
I'm going to do another dyno but get it done where 'they' know what gear to dyno in, how to use the e-shift to prevent going into 5th, etc..

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
This a standalone or piggyback?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
i-manage is really nice piggyback.

my car is currently running 10.5 tuned.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
btw. is 10.5 a good conservative tune??

if not..what should it be at for a good conservative tune?

thanks.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
WOT is easy to tune, whats partial throttle like I had not problem getting WOT right on a emanage. and thats a pretty narrow range.

Edit:
Rereading thats too tiny a range to call a piggy back good(and in that small range your a/f varies pretty good). Keep in mind it is easy to tune 7 psi.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
the i-manage is a great set up
love it easy to tune
its fool proof unless your stupid

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
itz_jOw3 said:
i didnt know you can chirp with E-SHIFT ??

hirun - are you running 10.5 with stock internals ??
u must have never seen Dasgalloway's vids. His car was the car I wanted to emulate. E-Shift chirping when it changes gear, Supercharged, 19-20 psi.. hell of a sleeper too..

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
itz_jOw3 said:
i didnt know you can chirp with E-SHIFT ??

hirun - are you running 10.5 with stock internals ??
yes stock internals.

10.5 is on the rich side and thats normally the conservative tune but i am wondering if thats the way i should go.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
tune it to 11.1. Retard some timing if necessary. If you can have auxillary control on the "imanage", then i would reccomend water/alchohol injection and then give it some timing and you dont have to run it so rich to be safe.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
tune it to 11.1. Retard some timing if necessary. If you can have auxillary control on the "imanage", then i would reccomend water/alchohol injection and then give it some timing and you dont have to run it so rich to be safe.

much love to malek. thanks for taking the time to help me man.

+rep+

edit: You must show some love to other members before giving it to Malekreza11 again. =[

1 - 12 of 12 Posts