Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the intake and the header shield with the help of my friend...actually he did most of the work. Anyway the install was not too difficult, had some problems with the instructions but everything went smooth. During the install we unplugged the battery and reconnected it when we were done, its started just fine.
i have drove for about 60 miles now, no check engine light or anything. I love the sound at WOT when passing 4000 rpm, most of the time its a tiny bit louder then stock but at WOT you know its there.
I am trying to get pics up tomorrow or some time soon.

ok..here are the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
looks nice good work

consider a heatshield that uses the stock cold air box for the filter because your sucking in all that hot air under the hood

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did you order that header shield from injen ? I just got the intake and I have the shield that goes by the filter, But I would like that header one. will that work on the stock stuff ? or just on anftermarket header ?

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok..the intake i got was the one that didnt come with the shield for the intake..but came with the manifold cover..check their site for part numbers..also, the manifold cover is available seperately from injen. check their accesories section

im looking for the shield around the intake..anyone know where i can get one?

·
Registered
97 Posts
black looks nice...
i wonder if i can powder coat my polished one, black...it'll match with my blitz sus filter :)
anyone know if i can?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.