Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts:
Brembo Front Slotted rotors
Disc Brakes of Australia Slotted Rear rotors
Hawk Front Brake pads
Satisfied Pro Rear Brake pads

1st off, I seated and settled them in the way Brembo, Hawk and such indicated.

1st impression: Initially I was not that impressed by the setup. I was a little mad that is spent $$ on upgrades to feel comparable to or worse than OEM feel. No lie, they felt like my OEM pads and rotors that had 6K on them, that are for sale BTW....PM me if your interested. So, a little upset and hungry, I went home and decided to call it a night. The following morning (today), I had to do some highway and city driving. THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGAN.

The day after: I did some highway driving and the initial bite was GREAT! I mean it really decelled the car. So I was like alright, that was cool. (feeling better about the upgrade...) Then, after getting off the thruway, I did about 1-2 hours of stop and go street traffic. I was not hitting my brakes hard or anything, but man the initial bite on this setup kicks ass. Using the same stopping pedal 'stroke', if I may, as I did with my OEM 6K'd pads, I stopped about a 1 car length short of where I normally would. I could not believe it. It was like night and day....(By this time I had a grin ear to ear on my face) I would easily venture to say I stopped my car from 45-55mph with about 15-20% of the pedal pushed. I was utterly amazed and impressed.

Overall: Initial impression (after and during seating process) I was disappointed.

Afterwards: WELL WORTH THE $$. OMG, I would do it over again in a heart beat.

Total cost:
Brembo Front $240
Disc of Australia Rears $200
Hawk Front Pads $90
Satisfied Pro OEm Rear Pads $35

$565 well spent.

Thumbs up to the guys at Dezod for hookin it all up with suggestions and the parts.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics comin soon.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
only 565?

how big are the rotors? i wanna get some new brakes, but theyd have to be big because my rims are 19"

565 is doable..

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
JAEohEN said:
only 565?

how big are the rotors? i wanna get some new brakes, but theyd have to be big because my rims are 19"

565 is doable..
I believe they are stock size.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Yea they should be stock oem size fitment. Did you also upgrade ss brakelines? I know you will feel it even better with them. Im also doing my brakes soon. I already have my TOMS ss brake lines...im probably gonna go with rotora rotors front and back since they are priced very good ($75 each) and a lot of good feedback. Then imma go hawk pads in the front...not sure whats going in the back. Im estimating around 600-700 after installation. Shipping for those fkn rotors cost a load ($70 to hawaii). Thats almost another fkn rotor already lol.

Dont you have to break them in a little before it work in full effect? I think thats why u didnt feel anything great in the beginning.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sexyLexy808 said:
nice does it brake on a dime :)?
Yes it does. The rotors are all OEM sized. The system is great, and I think woukld be even better with SS brake lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts