Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yup! After market engine management! ... searching on the words "rev limiter" would help you not get flamed!

asinn said:
hi, anyone know how to raise the rev limiter is an IS?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
just out of curiosity...why do you want to raise the limiter??? do you know what you're getting into if you do raise it???

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
to be quite honest...it probably won't do you that much good...it's most likely out of the powerband and won't net you any more gain...specially if you're stock or near stock.

anyway, the way to do it is to get the ecu reprogrammed...which is pretty much not possible to the general public right now...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I've heard from a bunch of people that shifting just before redline will give you the best times in a stock IS. So I don't know what increasing the redline will do for you, unless you aren't stock...

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
IS JOE said:
I've heard from a bunch of people that shifting just before redline will give you the best times in a stock IS. So I don't know what increasing the redline will do for you, unless you aren't stock...
if you raise the red line.. then wouldnt it go up to like 7,000 rpms? Thus, wouldnt your new optimum shift point be 500 rpms higher?..
It seems like it would help stock or modded is300s..

although, i dont know if its worth it cost wise..

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
It depends on the HP and torque curves. For example, shifting at 6k can drop you down to an optimal rpm for the next gear and give you more "area under the curve" throughout the gear's rpm range. After 6k rpm, if your hp and torque start dropping, then you can actually have less hp and torque to work with in the gears RPM range. I remember seeing in a dyno that the stock IS's hp starts dropping shortly after 6k rpm.

Of course, this is just what i've heard from a bunch of people, I haven't proved or disproved this idea, so take it for what its worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts