834 Posts
beat me too it haha
goodluck in for updates

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last night:
Started gutting JDM Headlights and bored out the the reflector bowl.

Today:
Mounted the first projector.

Still needs a lot of work and I have yet to do initial alignment, so it's only a tiny step in the right direction.

Details:
Continued to cut more of the reflector bowl in order to push the projector further back.
On the reflector, drilled out three carefully positioned holes that aligns with the projector.
Used a Tap/Die kit to thread the projector screw holes.
8x32 stainless screws to attach to the stock reflector bowl.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Awsome setup....progress looks great so far...best upgrade I've done to any car has been a retrofit....what shrouds did you go with?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Man... talk about money... first the JDM heads, then you add the LS430 projectors on top of it...

But so far it's looking good. Really interested to see the results.

... I'm too chicken shit to mod my JDM headlights to do anything crazy like this... haha

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Hey, the black tacky sticky thing all spiralled up, what do you call it again, and what are you using it for? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Good stuff. They're very handy for a lot of stuff ...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's Butyl tape, you use it to reseal your headlights when you're all done ;)
Yup, you're right. I don't trust the stock glue after they've been pried apart.

Man... talk about money... first the JDM heads, then you add the LS430 projectors on top of it...

But so far it's looking good. Really interested to see the results.

... I'm too chicken shit to mod my JDM headlights to do anything crazy like this... haha
This is my 12+ retro, and I've done this before on the USDM headlights. I have some good reasons not to be scared to open these up. But then again, when I get deep in the retrofit, I'm like crap... this is a lot of work.

Awsome setup....progress looks great so far...best upgrade I've done to any car has been a retrofit....what shrouds did you go with?
The LS430 projectors are unique, where the are both a projector and reflector. This is what gives it it's 7 lane spread. The shroud is built into the unit.

any pictures of the headlights (the backside) of how you mounted the projectors on?
I'll post those when i'm further in the retro.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is my 12+ retro, and I've done this before on the USDM headlights. I have some good reasons not to be scared to open these up. But then again, when I get deep in the retrofit, I'm like crap... this is a lot of work.
Haha true story- the retro that I did on my SC300 I did under duress! I was picking up a girl for a date at 6... at 12PM I decided I was going to go ahead and retrofit my TSXes in because my stock headlights sucked SO bad and we were going to do some cruising after dinner so it had to happen- at 1PM I was like WTF WAS I THINKING and by 4PM I was putting in the last bolts in my car after completing the retrofit, mounting and wiring the ballasts, and alligning everything... made it in time and everything worked perfect hahaha

1 - 20 of 45 Posts