Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropoff my car to the local Lexus delaer this morning for service(rear strut replace, it will not be done until Monday dealer said), so they gave me a loaner (also IS300). The service consultant didn't mention any thing about the loaner car (all he did was filled up the gas and gave me the key, he didn't even write down the actual mile of the loaner !!!! I'm like O.K!!!!)

Here is my senario
I'm planning to go on a 350 miles trip on Sunday, but was just wondering if it gonna be a problem when I return the loaner on Monday night. Also my relationship with the service dept. is excellent since day1 so I want to keep it that way....For those who had done something like this b4, please let me know. Thanks

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I had a ES300 loaner yesterday while my car was getting the TRAC/ECU update and they didn't have any restriction on mileage, but did want me to return it with the same amount of gas as I got it with. They had me sign a paper agreeing to that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by VR 63:
Well, I had a ES300 loaner yesterday while my car was getting the TRAC/ECU update and they didn't have any restriction on mileage, but did want me to return it with the same amount of gas as I got it with. They had me sign a paper agreeing to that.
Thanks for reply VR 63, my deader didn't even say any thing about gas it all...but I do remember, I've singed an agreement paper that said ---> I'm responsible for any physical damage or accident, the car should be in the same condition like before when I return it (or something in that like that)
BTW-Now I know, how the car with ECU/TRAC problem drive like (my loaner) !!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
My SC was in for repairs & i needed a loaner. I got a new ES300. I got a call the next day from the dealer saying that the parts are not in stock. I told them I had to go to Jersey, they said no problem. I went from Massachusetts to New Jersey & back, over 700 + miles, no one said a thing! I did sign a paper about the condition of the car being the same. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Herzog:
My SC was in for repairs & i needed a loaner. I got a new ES300. I got a call the next day from the dealer saying that the parts are not in stock. I told them I had to go to Jersey, they said no problem. I went from Massachusetts to New Jersey & back, over 700 + miles, no one said a thing! I did sign a paper about the condition of the car being the same. Don't worry about it.
COOL !!! Thanks guy

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by TNguyenIS300:
COOL !!! Thanks guy
I dropped off my car for a 15k service on friday night at mangunssem lexus (fremont, california) and they gave me a loaner (RX300) and i told them i am not able to come back till tuesday. they service guy said just take ur time.. I WAS LIKE WOW

it's been like this for a couple of services. no restriction on miles, gas, etc.. just make sure that the car is ok.

hope this helps..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts