Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please respond to the questions as well, trying to make this FAQ complete as possible, need your thoughts! 8)

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
FireBelly said:
Also within this post answer these please:

If you're running an intake, list it and give an approval rating from 1-10, 1 being worst, 10 being best.
Running the PLP. Have to rate it a 9 for being a total package. Stock look, everything included, no CEL, good gains.

Which intake did you prefer in the poll?
picked the *Joe Z* for a few reasons.
1. Cost
2. Good gains
3. Custom and customizable - choose your own filter (TRD, Blitz, K&N etc. get whichever one you want), pipe color, connector color.
4. Personalized installs & customer service :wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went with the Joe Z because:

I could choose my own filter.
I could get the item sooner.
It was "colored" to match my car.
It had good HP gains and good responses from others that already had one.
Joe Z is a IS300.net member, and I'd rather give him the business VS some offshore company.
It was priced right.
Joe is available personally if you have questions. . . . . . AND is one hell of a nice guy!!

I would rate it a 10 at this point. I can think of nothing negative about it.

Joe: You should go mass market with your intake. Sell it to a big corp. and retire!!! :)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I picked PLP and thats what I drive.

I trust Mike's products and they have great customer service..I love the stock look, and it has given the most gains/$ out of all the intakes.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have the srt intake and i guess i rate it an 8, great gains but voids the warranty at the same time, intake installation was pretty easy but the ecu and soldering got a little tricky, it could be a little louder at wot but i'm satisfied with it
also the r-ecu, i think is not compatible with a header so you may have to buy a safc to tune it properly, i could be wrong though

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
SRT with R-ECU -- love the sound of it and very good gains...but get it only if you can handle messing around with the ECU... :wink:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i chose the JoeZ intake because i for one, already had a blitz drop in and JoeZ's price for the piping was very reasonable. i think the quality is great and the instructions were very step by step. it sounds great and unlike a lot of other intakes out there for our car, doesn't throw a CEL. on top of that, as has been mentioned, Joe is a very nice guy and very grateful for my interest in his product and was willing to help at any time if i had install problems or questions of any kind. i'd have to give it a 10.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have the Joe Z intake (first one actually :D). I give it a 10. I picked it because:

1) appearance: polished pipe and red couplers
2) cost: PM *joe Z*
3) power gains: Dyno results +7hp with a STOCK filter
4) 3,000 miles and no CEL
5) Most importantly: good customer service. Joe installed my intake and did my fog mod Everytime he sees my car he checks to make sure everything fits tightly and is working. Plus if there is any problems, I can talk to him directly. Very knowledgeable and one of the few people i would trust to touch my car. Respectable guy and good friend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
frylai
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing