Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search..couldn't find a thread where anyone mentioned the way of how to reset the ecu w/o disconnecting the battery...anyone got any instructions or have a link?
 

·
Am I Hype-R???
Joined
·
13,648 Posts
just disconnect the battery...and leave off for a while. few minutes should be ok. or to be really sure, leave it off for a while...that should do it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HyperMKIV said:
just disconnect the battery...and leave off for a while. few minutes should be ok. or to be really sure, leave it off for a while...that should do it...
of how to reset the ecu w/ disconnecting the battery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
thats because that isn't the recommended way to do it dude, you should just pull the negative cable, like what is recommended in the exact same topic subject a few posts down.

if you are hell bent on doing it the other way, take off the ecu cover, pull all of the connectors out of it, wait 30 minutes for all of the electrical connectors to discharge (since you can't just pull the negative cable and push on the brake pedal) and then plug it back in and you are ready to go

-gte







ImpulseXvX said:
HyperMKIV said:
just disconnect the battery...and leave off for a while. few minutes should be ok. or to be really sure, leave it off for a while...that should do it...
of how to reset the ecu w/ disconnecting the battery
 

·
Nygmatic
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
uh.... most cars i have delt with, you just pull the ecu fuse and it resets. from a 1987 supra to a 2002 camry, i have just pulled the ecu fuse and it resets. this also coming from a toyota master tech.

just open your fuse box, look for the ecu fuse, pull it, wait a min then put it back. this way you dont lose your radio settings and what not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,540 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
HyperMKIV said:
just disconnect the battery...and leave off for a while. few minutes should be ok. or to be really sure, leave it off for a while...that should do it...
of how to reset the ecu w/ disconnecting the battery

w/ means WITH. w/o means WITHOUT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS300GTE said:
thats because that isn't the recommended way to do it dude, you should just pull the negative cable, like what is recommended in the exact same topic subject a few posts down.

if you are hell bent on doing it the other way, take off the ecu cover, pull all of the connectors out of it, wait 30 minutes for all of the electrical connectors to discharge (since you can't just pull the negative cable and push on the brake pedal) and then plug it back in and you are ready to go

-gte
I'd rather not lose the radio presets and such.
 

·
Am I Hype-R???
Joined
·
13,648 Posts
ATLDave said:
ImpulseXvX said:
HyperMKIV said:
just disconnect the battery...and leave off for a while. few minutes should be ok. or to be really sure, leave it off for a while...that should do it...
of how to reset the ecu w/ disconnecting the battery

w/ means WITH. w/o means WITHOUT.
no shiet...if you're coming here asking something...don't get all upset and start with the bold without thinking about what you wrote FIRST!!!

"w/ disconnecting the battery"

also...the radio presets are easy enough to redo...it's not a big deal. you're better off disconnecting the battery dude...
that's WITH disconnecting the battery!!!
 

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
I guess it's my turn???

You should follow your own advice.......... :noway:

ImpulseXvX said:
Posted: Yesterday at 6:58 pm

Please do a search..its what the "search" button is for.
_________________
2001 SBM IS 300
__________
6%-Rear, 30%-Front
PLP Intake
JDM Dash Tray
Clear Side Bumper Lenses (Front)
Arctic White Daytime Bulbs
Blue Calipers w/ Silver Stickers
Centered Trac Button
and then........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :noway:

ImpulseXvX said:
Posted: Yesterday at 10:57 pm


redlex15 wrote:



Haha that's funny man. At least i'm not too lazy to disconnect the battery to reset the ecu. Or are you just too stu-stu-stupid to remember the radio stations you listen to?

yes..I'm too lazy..actually I didn't want to reset the battery so I could have the total # of miles w/ the intake on w/o having to write it down/remember it...and btw..WTF is the "European" short antenna? I've heard of the JDM one..but European?
_________________
2001 SBM IS 300
__________
6%-Rear, 30%-Front
PLP Intake
JDM Dash Tray
Clear Side Bumper Lenses (Front)
Arctic White Daytime Bulbs
Blue Calipers w/ Silver Stickers
Centered Trac Button
Joe Z :chill:
 

·
Am I Hype-R???
Joined
·
13,648 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
yes..cause that has to do w/ searching...or did you miss my first post where I put, "I searched..."
wait...is that w/ (with) or w/o (without)??? gotta make sure before i reply huh??? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HyperMKIV said:
wait...is that w/ (with) or w/o (without)??? gotta make sure before i reply huh??? :D
LoL..good call on the first one..I didn't even notice the typo..thanx for that...
 

·
Am I Hype-R???
Joined
·
13,648 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
HyperMKIV said:
wait...is that w/ (with) or w/o (without)??? gotta make sure before i reply huh??? :D
LoL..good call on the first one..I didn't even notice the typo..thanx for that...
heh...at least i know you got a sense of humor... :)

not like some of the other ppl on here...they'll get all bent :p
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top