Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, while installing my intake and exhaust, I disconnected the battery and now the power windows from the driver's side won't work for all the windows. Only the driver side window works. If I sit in the passenger side, I can roll the window down fine (same goes for the rear windows. How can I get the power windows to work again on my driver's side panel for all the windows? (window lock is off)

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's to funny, I too this week had to disconnect my battery to install a grounding kit. I got the same problem you did. however I came across something really weird. At first the passenger window would not go down by any switch at all. I did a restart holding the switch and it works, though this didn't work for any other window and it's the only window that has the auto down/up feature from the driver side. I would like to know how to get the settings back without having to drive and hour to the dealer.

Anybody know?

thanks

EDIT: I figured it out............

Without starting your car hit the start button two times, wait till system checks have been completed, open all doors. It will help to have someone lend you a hand. You stay at the driver door and your helper at the passenger door. Both of you push the switch at the same time on each door to roll the window all the way down then back up. If you did it correctly you should be able to auto window the pass window from the driver door switch. Do this for the back two doors. To get the driver door working again just push both the Driver/Pass switch on the driver door at the same time, all the way down then back up. Let me know if this helps you. It's how I got mine working again...........

Reactions: jasonm4

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
yo theres a easier way to do this and u can do it by yourself im not dissin on how u guys got it done im jus puttin this up for future reference because i had a post up about this already becuase i changed my battery and installed a grounding kit and reset my ecu and the windows wouldnt work but if u look in the owners manual it will tll u how to fix the window problem in case of battery replacement. heres all u gotta do: jus go to every window while the car is on (doesnt have to be running) jus on then roll the window HALF WAY DOWN and then roll it bak up but after it is rolled up dont let go of the button jus yet u have to continue holding it for atleast 3 sec then go repeat to all windows and they should all work fine and the main control panel will control all the windows again. hope it made it easier for u

Reactions: gmutoagrsv

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had a similar problem My drivers window would go down but not automatically. The passenger window would go down automatically and the rears windows not at all. I was told to open my sunroof and hold the button in for 10 seconds which worked.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nice fix! I woulda thought fuse or something. Good information to know for when I do my grounding kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, thank you guys so much.
I had the same problem on the wife's 350. I sat in each seat and was able to lower the window and then all the way up and then held for 3 sec. Now they all work with auto down and up from every seat.
The wife is happy again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts