Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 05 is300 few months ago, and i've reading this forum for a month now. i read some of the post discusting bout reseting ECU? CEL? or whatever. some users say, it's good to reset the ECU when u have engine performance parts installed i.e. CAI, Headers, Racepipe, and Exhaust.

How is it actually done?

What is the advantage to it?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
disconnect the neg terminal to the battery and push on the brake 10 times...that will clear the ecu, basically starting fresh

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pinoyballah said:
disconnect the neg terminal to the battery and push on the brake 10 times...that will clear the ecu, basically starting fresh

push on the brake 10 times huh~ :suspiciou hmm.....
will i see or hear a signal if i'd done correctly that step?!?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dakomo said:
push on the brake 10 times huh~ :suspiciou hmm.....
will i see or hear a signal if i'd done correctly that step?!?

yes a bright light comes from the heavens and an angel tells you you've have correctly reset your ECU.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pull your efi fuse under the hood wait like 1 min and put it back in should reset it. Then you don't have to reset your clock and reinitialize your sunroof.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
........ :suspiciou

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet! okay. :cool:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
yes a bright light comes from the heavens and an angel tells you you've have correctly reset your ECU.
:lol: when i reseted my ecu i saw the light and thats when i knew i did it correctly...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
hirenjani said:
hey i've been wanting to rest my ECU....(my car has been a little slow lately)and i clicked on the like didnt work...

ehhh I never push it 10 times.. more like 3..

·
Registered
989 Posts
i heard there was a reset button on all ecu. is that true?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just pull the fuse so you don't have to mess with disconnecting the neg battery terminal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts