Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, New kid on the block here, researching a future 350IS-C purchase. My main concern is the reliability of the top design.

Info about leaks, reliability......etc would delight me. Thanks in advance for any info or experiences you may have.....!!!

Wilson Boudreaux
from Cajun Country.....!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
2011 IS350C. No problems with the top. It's my wife's car and she puts the top up and down even when she runs into the grocery store. I tell her the leave it down, but she's not comfortable leaving it down. So up and down and up and down...LOL.

The only problem that we have had is with the much documented 2011 headlight paint bubbling problem that Lexus has acknowledge and made a little design change for 2012. It remains to be seen if that corrects it.

Other than that, it's a great car! Very fast. I think the gear ratios are setup for quick off the line speed. I've noticed that it doesn't pull as hard over 90 mph as my 07-335i did, but I think it's quicker off the line!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been contemplating buying a convertible... the IS-C made sense, but reallllllly want a new M3 Conv.

Have you looked into other options as well? Or just the IS?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been contemplating buying a convertible... the IS-C made sense, but reallllllly want a new M3 Conv.

I've looked at an M3 convertible and the G37 convertible. The M3 I really like, but its just pricy and wouldn't want to deal w/ the maintenance on a BMW. The G37, looks nice, but u lose a whole lot more trunkspace when the top is down on that car in comparison to the IS-C. I want to at least fit my golf clubs in the trunk w/ the top down at least :D

For me otherwise, the Lexus was the better choice, as I had a few other lexus vehicles in the past. And like the reliability as a whole.

·
Registered
13 Posts

We looked at the G37 and 335i. After reading a review on the G37 and taking a test drive, we passed on it. The problem we had with it was the roof. When it rains, it sounds like you're in a tin can. We couldn't believe that the roof wasn't insulated. We just tapped the roof with our fingers and the noise was loud. Couldn't imagine what it would sound like in the rain!

I had a 2007 335i sedan a couple years ago. Since this was for the wife, and she tends to keep her car for several years, we didn't want the upkeep of the BMW once it went out of warranty.

And she just loves the MRM.

Going on 11 months. So far no complaints other than the headlight bubbling issue. We'll just wait another year or so and then get Lexus to change them out. Might as well wait and get a new set later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
reliability

I live in san diego and have the top up an down all the time. the only issue i have had was with the tint on my front windows scratching because there is no felt the last two inches on either front window. no issue with headlights. have had it 28 months

1 - 7 of 7 Posts