Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts about resale value on an IS3 with yellow or blue exterior? I like both colors, but wonder if the dealer will like them as much when it comes time for trade-in or resale? I know you don't buy the car for resale, but I'm just curious if a black or silver colored car would in the future, or has in the past (on other makes) drawn better resale value?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
you never know.

here comes the m3 comment
purple m3's are extremely cheap becuase they're so damn hard to sell.....no one wants one. i'm sure blue will remain popular with the is3 but i'm not so sure with yellow on the is3.

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you concern about resale value on the IS, I suggest you get White one. it's the easiest color to sale/trade in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Color has a definite efffect on resale value. The "wilder" the color, the less likely it is to hold value over the years. At least that's been the general rule.
If that holds true with the IS, Yellow and Auburn should be less desirable as used cars later on. White, Black, Silver...all good. Blue? Somewhere in the middle.
Besides...isn't a yellow, four-door car usually a...er...TAXI?
Just kidding.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey look, I will say this one more time just get the SILVER. It will most likely increase in value! I say at least worth 10% more in one year then I paid!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts