Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been contemplating whether or not to do a res/ muffler delete. I was planning to run the invidia midpipe+HKS exhaust setup, but after hearing just the invidia midpipe alone most people said there wasn't a significant difference until the higher rpm.

Would it be a good idea to do a res/muffl delete for now until I can run the invidia+hks? I hate how quiet the is350 is. My goal is a more aggressive deep tone, especially in the lower rpm since I usually just cruise.

Nothing excessively ear-bleeding loud, but noticeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been contemplating whether or not to do a res/ muffler delete. I was planning to run the invidia midpipe+HKS exhaust setup, but after hearing just the invidia midpipe alone most people said there wasn't a significant difference until the higher rpm.

Would it be a good idea to do a res/muffl delete for now until I can run the invidia+hks? I hate how quiet the is350 is. My goal is a more aggressive deep tone, especially in the lower rpm since I usually just cruise.

Nothing excessively ear-bleeding loud, but noticeable.
I went through the same exact back and forth when I was deciding on doing a res delete. I also didn't like how quiet my IS350 was and wanted a more aggressive/deep tone.

I had the HKS Hi-Power exhaust installed and noticed very little difference with the sound until higher RPMs.

I ended up doing a res delete and had the aggressive sound I was looking for. However, that did come at a price...

Deleting the resonator, especially with the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, tends to cause a lot of drone. At highway speeds or at fairly consistent speeds, usually anything that has you steady at 2500RPM or so causes a loud drone.

If you don't mind the drone, I would say go for it. But if you care about the drone, and I guarantee that if you don't most of your passengers probably will LOL, I would suggest that you find another solution to just deleting the resonator.

Have you already bought the HKS exhaust btw? What year is your IS350?

Hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts