Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...So I'm overhauling my audio set up and have decided to go with a pair of 12" subs...just want some opinions on what subs to get...

I'm looking for some good SPL level's while still maintaining good sound quality...

The two pairs I've considered purchasing are the audioque SD2.5's or the alpine type R's, both rated at 500 RMS...but the alpines would be about $80 dollars cheaper...

The 12"'s will be in a ported box I will be building, so opinions on which pair of these subs is better, or a completely different pair is appreciated...

·
Registered
254 Posts
go type rs all the way. whats audioque???? lol. regardless of what they are type rs are arguably the best bang for your buck and certainly good quality.

i suggest sealed box. sounds cleaner especially in a small closed trunk with not enough air.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
^Audioque is a brand of woofers that are basically DD woofers. They will out-pound just about anything. I will agree though, the Type R is a good bang for the buck sub; but it can't compare to an SD2.5....that I know for sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts