Registered
2,123 Posts
just a gues:

sand it down reao good
primer it
paint it (multiple coats)
clear coat it (multiple coats)

make sure use high heat paints/clear etc

just a guess but i should be too far off.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
why use high temp paints...

I use non-high temp paint all the time with no problems. If it were brakes and rotors, yes. An intake? why. Just use any paint you want. Whatever looks good.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
SophieSleeps said:

I use non-high temp paint all the time with no problems. If it were brakes and rotors, yes. An intake? why. Just use any paint you want. Whatever looks good.
maybe people are concerned since the tube sits right above the header... in any case hi temp engine enamel is only like a dollar more compared to regular paints, so why not spend the extra buck?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
irv_usc said:
SophieSleeps said:

maybe people are concerned since the tube sits right above the header... in any case hi temp engine enamel is only like a dollar more compared to regular paints, so why not spend the extra buck?
Cause most of dem don't look very good, nor are available in as many colors.

My intake is painted MSM with no problems.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
irv_usc said:
SophieSleeps said:

Cause most of dem don't look very good, nor are available in as many colors.

My intake is painted MSM with no problems.
well in that case i agree. hi temp paint isn't available in many colors. glad to hear your intake is holding up with custom paint..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any pics of your intake, Sophie? I got an MSM too and was planning to paint the PLP intake MSM or some sort of silver.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
IS3Hundred said:
Do you have any pics of your intake, Sophie? I got an MSM too and was planning to paint the PLP intake MSM or some sort of silver.
Nope...i don't have pics yet.
Maybe later. It looks silver...kinda the way the intake looked before. Silver.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
lilaznboi said:
sophie...my brakes don't have hi-temp paint....lol :lol:
Yeah right her tranny was smoking you little bitch...called my ass at 1AM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts